::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary, I did not mean to pick on you.
You just were coming across as whine-y to me, and what you really need to do is put in some actual time DOING and PLAYING.
Get your fingers moving.
Don't worry about the technical level of proficiency yet.
Get the basics solid.
What Rich said about guitar, the basic E and A barre and the pentatonic scale is HUGE.
Pretty soon after you will see that many riffs will fall into place - because you already know it.
Then you get to where you just lift a finger in that barre to get minor chords.
Lift another finger and get 7th.

Then (~*magic happens*~) suddenly you see those relationships. You start doing guitar tricks on ukulele and ukulele tricks on guitar.

The most difficult thing I am dealing with is putting in the time.
I have an amazing resource who is teaching me TONS and I don't make enough time to implement what he is teaching me.
I am really making an effort to spend more time, but I realize that it is not enough. And I do play every day.
Of course, we don't have kids though...

Thanks Damon. OS 10.12 seems not to work the same way.

Bummer. I only pretend to support Apple hardware. :D

I have actually done quite a lot of Apple and Mac implementation and support, going back over 20 years, but not too much stuff recently.

Because blue is taken by Ball State

697.jpg

Bummer. I only pretend to support Apple hardware. :D

I have actually done quite a lot of Apple and Mac implementation and support, going back over 20 years, but not too much stuff recently.

Still can't find autobahn. I'm doing a virus scan. Should I be worried too much about files unable to be scanned?

Gary, I did not mean to pick on you.
You just were coming across as whine-y to me, and what you really need to do is put in some actual time DOING and PLAYING.
Get your fingers moving.
Don't worry about the technical level of proficiency yet.
Get the basics solid.
What Rich said about guitar, the basic E and A barre and the pentatonic scale is HUGE.
Pretty soon after you will see that many riffs will fall into place - because you already know it.
Then you get to where you just lift a finger in that barre to get minor chords.
Lift another finger and get 7th.

Then (~*magic happens*~) suddenly you see those relationships. You start doing guitar tricks on ukulele and ukulele tricks on guitar.

The most difficult thing I am dealing with is putting in the time.
I have an amazing resource who is teaching me TONS and I don't make enough time to implement what he is teaching me.
I am really making an effort to spend more time, but I realize that it is not enough. And I do play every day.
Of course, we don't have kids though...

I don't feel picked on.

I just wish I picked things up faster like when I was a kid.

Good morning Ho's! I'm sitting out in the parking lot at work. I got here a little too early. I don't have time to go back and catch up. I love my new job. It's my second week. The work is good and I was so sore last week from all the walking and stairs. There is also lifting and other things I do. I like it all a lot. I'm just out of shape. Yesterday went pretty good. Not sore from it. And my energy levels have improved.

Yay! Good to hear!

I'm a bundle of stress and on the verge of tears this morning. My mom fell last night, so some additional worry there. My sister is going to check on her today. On top of all the mom stuff Hudson's health is really sliding and it's looking like the final trip to the vet is going to be coming pretty soon.

Oh, Jon! So sorry for all the pain and grief! (((Jon)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom