::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Damon. We spent the interval standing in line or on the phone in a tense 3-way with United and Hawaiian. Mrs Pere is relentless.

When it looked like only one of us was getting out last night I thought, "Damon's got a guest room. . ."

Coulda been epic. Or not. Yeah. Woulda been.
Hee hee, yes you would have come to the Ukulele Guild meeting and kanikapila, then hang out and watch backstage at Merrie Monarch on TV.
Guest room is vacant.
FYI, the guest rooms are full.from 4/28 to 5/8, but Nanilei does not know that yet!
Super excited!

TSM, any plans to try to see part of the Merrie Monarch?

I'm pretty sure they are going to Kona.
Plus tickets sell out quickly, they are distributed by lottery starting December 26.
Yesterday was ho'ike, which is a free, open to the public, non-competition day. People started waiting in line at 3:30 am and the line went down the block.

Mrs Pere resists. But it could happen. Her brother and his wife are here too and they might bring her into it. They live here 3-4 months of the year and are my favorites on her side of the family.

In general we do not like crowds.
We want to go to Merrie Monarch BADLY. I don't think we could go every year though.
If you have an "in" try and use it!
Bonne chance!

Even if we don't go to Merrie Monarch, we would love to be in Hilo for all the music going on around town.
The house band at Merrie Monarch is basically who we see at Canoe Hut, plus a bunch of people sitting in.
Epic.

Classroom ramen is a fail.

The noodles are doughy, not chewy and "tough". My dash (soup stock) was pretty mediocre as well but that's more of a function of cost and time.

Trying to redo the noodle recipe right now and see where it went wrong.

Is that the one that is a tablet too?

I was looking at one of those last year.

Yes - the optional (should be standard) keyboard cover is actually one of the best keyboards I've ever used. It's a refurb Pro3, but has a Core i7, 512K SSD, and 8 GB memory, so it'll keep going for quite a while yet.

Same river...eventually. The Ohio doesn't go all the way to New Orleans.

I am embarrassingly ignorant when it comes to our country, well the world actually, and geography.

It's my weakest category in TriviaCrack.

This girl just came up to ask me a question and she has the mother of all zits on the tip of her nose.

Very distracting.

Chris is signed up for bass lessons. We'll see how it goes this time. When he took guitar lessons, he frustrated his guitar instructor (and us). His guitar instructor thought with dedication and hard work Chris could be a really good player in two years since the kid has perfect pitch and a great sense of rhythm. It's the dedication and hard work where he's usually lacking. He's committed to taking lessons for a year. I think if he can work through the hump, he'd have a chance to change the narrative in his head he has about himself.

I am home! And my aunt took me out to lunch. It's amazing how hungry I felt this morning. I think it was because I wasn't allowed to eat. My pain pills are my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom