::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been working on a house. Lots of major projects. Trying to move towards selling it. It's taken up our free time since the beginning of April. We have a ways to go yet.

When you sell it, what are your plans?

Made it back home last night. We stopped by and visited my mom in Cincinnati on the way back from Altoona. It could be worse, now they are saying it was an occipital lobe stroke. She has some aphasia and her vision seems to be kind of like tunnel vision. Hard to tell if she can see all of the time or some of the time. The Dr said with intensive therapy this week some of it may come back, but after this week anything that doesn't come back won't come back. Mom still thinks she is going home after this, but that probably won't happen. No one has told her that yet. Personally, I think hiring someone to live with her is an option, but my sister (a nurse) is the one in charge of making the medical decisions and since we live 2+ hrs away, I feel like we shouldn't have a big say in the decision since we can't help on a daily basis.

Went to a meeting last night for my son's basketball organization. We're having to split off from our parent organization and establish our own non-profit entity. The guy lives in Palo Alto (very affluent area) and when I pulled up to his house it looked nice but not huge. Older, cottage looking house.

Palo Alto butts up against the bay so the water level is really low. This house was so cool. Basically a cement boat. The house had a basement with 10' ceilings and it's basically a house built on a cement structure instead of a foundation so that if the water level rises the house is actually buoyant and will rise a bit and then settle again. He said it hadn't happened until this year and he showed us the "sundecks" (cutaways in the ground that actually let sunlight into the basement) weren't perfectly even with the surrounding ground. The architect said it may take months for it to dry out enough to settle back to where it was. It was pretty cool engineering.

Made it back home last night. We stopped by and visited my mom in Cincinnati on the way back from Altoona. It could be worse, now they are saying it was an occipital lobe stroke. She has some aphasia and her vision seems to be kind of like tunnel vision. Hard to tell if she can see all of the time or some of the time. The Dr said with intensive therapy this week some of it may come back, but after this week anything that doesn't come back won't come back. Mom still thinks she is going home after this, but that probably won't happen. No one has told her that yet. Personally, I think hiring someone to live with her is an option, but my sister (a nurse) is the one in charge of making the medical decisions and since we live 2+ hrs away, I feel like we shouldn't have a big say in the decision since we can't help on a daily basis.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Mike.

Oh, I am now a founding board member of a youth sports organization.

I feel like a grown up!

Still thinking about all those tasty beers I had this weekend. I learned from past stay away from the stouts and imperial stout. Had a ton of ipas wish they had some sours. Saison were good there too.

Hey Jon today I made the fourth and fifth phone calls about my Black Friday promotion on Verizon not happening yet.
I think, just maybe, I finally spoke with the correct person.
We will see next month!

Wow - mine was taken care of in one call. I got refunded the back discounts for that month and the rest should come on this month's bill - I had a confirmation letter stating that would happen - we'll see when the bill comes.

Wow - mine was taken care of in one call. I got refunded the back discounts for that month and the rest should come on this month's bill - I had a confirmation letter stating that would happen - we'll see when the bill comes.

While it wasn't this particular promotion, I had a nightmare scenario trying to get Verizon to honor the discounts I was promised when I started my service. Dozens of calls, some lasting over an hour, getting written proof from the office where'd I'd started the account, even getting proof from the internet that the promotion existed! When they finally worked it out, they made the lame excuse that it was a regional promotion that they weren't aware of. That might be an explanation for not finding it the first time, but the tenth?

As far as projects are concerned, I may actually finish those bookshelves in the basement tomorrow. Then I need to finish painting the new woodwork down there....

I worked on the countertop in the loft yesterday. The two pieces meet in a 135 degree angle, which has been a challenge. I got special bolts to pull the two pieces together, but had to route out channels to put the bolts into. At least it's all done, though there's another piece that has to be grafted onto the end. That's just a straight joint, though, so I don't have to deal with the angle. I hate home improvement stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom