::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think chicken poop will help my fruit trees grow? They dont want to get any bigger.

Though now we only have 2 chickens... because Felix went on another bender.

Anyone want a dog? He is AMAZING... just needs a chicken-less home :(

Levi knows I am so broken up about it he is looking into putting in an electric underground fence for me.
wouldnt it be easier to build a moveable chicken coop?

Remember the ollas I talked about? The clay pots you bury to water your plants?

Our two planters with the olla experiment are going crazy. I've never had bigger or more robust pepper plants. They are gorgeous and the peppers on them are beautiful. Emma's planter is going nuts with herbs. This has been a really fun experiment - might have to get some for the raised beds for next year!

We need pictures!! And don't say facebook . . .

Do you think chicken poop will help my fruit trees grow? They dont want to get any bigger.

MOST fruit trees sold these days are dwarf or semi-dwarf, so that might be why.

Anyone want a dog? He is AMAZING... just needs a chicken-less home :(

Levi knows I am so broken up about it he is looking into putting in an electric underground fence for me.

Chicken poop is the stinkiest form of fertilizer EVER.

That there is a door in my house that I realize I never noticed, then I open it... and there is another room. With nothing in it. And I am like, 'Wow! I have so much room".
When I had 7 kids in the charlotte house it was an easily reoccuring dream.
Now, not so much but it still happens when things feel a little cluttered and overwhelming.
I need to declutter. People just give us stuff.

Annie's room has two little half-doors that lead into attic crawl spaces (a bit weird setup, but oh well). We put deadbolts on them. She just asked me the other day what the little doors in her room lead to - over 3 years after we moved into the house.

Annie's room has two little half-doors that lead into attic crawl spaces (a bit weird setup, but oh well). We put deadbolts on them. She just asked me the other day what the little doors in her room lead to - over 3 years after we moved into the house.

I woulda told her, "that's where we store the monsters".

Remember the ollas I talked about? The clay pots you bury to water your plants?

Our two planters with the olla experiment are going crazy. I've never had bigger or more robust pepper plants. They are gorgeous and the peppers on them are beautiful. Emma's planter is going nuts with herbs. This has been a really fun experiment - might have to get some for the raised beds for next year!

Adding them to my wish list now. TKO and the kids did not water the planters on the deck while I was away at UWC. Y'know, when it was in the nineties. My potted plants did not make it.

Jon, all my plants are in pots so reading about olla's, I don't think they would work for me. I just don't have that much space in my pots.

I could, but I already have this Kindle. It seems a bit of a waste to abandon it....

It would be called a spare at that point. You have been wanting (another) iPad for a while, and they are so much nicer now...

:D

Jon, all my plants are in pots so reading about olla's, I don't think they would work for me. I just don't have that much space in my pots.

You can fill a bottle with water, like a coke bottle, and jam it into the dirt in your pot. It will do the same thing.

It would be called a spare at that point. You have been wanting (another) iPad for a while, and they are so much nicer now...

:D

And you could make Elaine's new iPad into a hot spot and use your kindle again when she takes over your next iPad :biglaugh:

I woulda told her, "that's where we store the monsters".

Given that she is the early riser in the house, and the potential for nightmares that would make that early rising even worse? No, you wouldn't have. Not if you had to live with the consequences, anyway.

Depends on the size of the pots. We have a couple of faux half barrels that we used for the experiment and got medium sized (2 quart) ollas. There are others that are much smaller for smaller pots, too, but you do hit the point where the pots just can't hold the ollas and the plants any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom