::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to do some cleaning this afternoon. I've gotten depressed.

We got caterpillars back in October (I think). Raised them to butterflies. They want us to let the kids to see the life cycle (including death). I wanted to let them go and would have except it was too cold and there was nothing for them to eat. They only live for two weeks the material said.

So, at Christmas, I still had several alive. Two weeks, my foot. So, I brought them home to keep feeding them. I did not take them back to school because it was too cold to transport them. I have continued to feed them.

The last one finally died yesterday. I know it's silly, but I feel so down now. There was life in those little fluttery things and I have taken care of them for 3 months or more.

I've always loved butterflies. Their metamorphosis has been symbolic in my growth. These shouldn't have been left to die in a stupid net. They should have been allowed to be free. Too much symbolism to my life.

I am NEVER doing butterflies again.

:(

The manager today told me I had to dot inspection the car and fill out this paperwork. After I let her ready the entire thing to me I said so I take it to a shop and they fill it out?? You know I'm not a dot inspector right???

I had to read this one three times to finally understand it.

Been trying to do some cleaning this afternoon. I've gotten depressed.

We got caterpillars back in October (I think). Raised them to butterflies. They want us to let the kids to see the life cycle (including death). I wanted to let them go and would have except it was too cold and there was nothing for them to eat. They only live for two weeks the material said.

So, at Christmas, I still had several alive. Two weeks, my foot. So, I brought them home to keep feeding them. I did not take them back to school because it was too cold to transport them. I have continued to feed them.

The last one finally died yesterday. I know it's silly, but I feel so down now. There was life in those little fluttery things and I have taken care of them for 3 months or more.

I've always loved butterflies. Their metamorphosis has been symbolic in my growth. These shouldn't have been left to die in a stupid net. They should have been allowed to be free. Too much symbolism to my life.

I am NEVER doing butterflies again.

:(

Dying in a stupid net - after living their complete life cycle - was probably better than freezing to death.

Dying in a stupid net - after living their complete life cycle - was probably better than freezing to death.

Do it again - but do it at a time of year that will allow them to be released to complete their lives in the wild.

Good thoughts prayers tomorrow we got a ice storm coming into town and I have to work in it hope I don't die.

Had a major success today!
New Denso alternator from Toyota dealer: $480
Aftermarket from O'Reilly: $178
Rebuilt Denso from shop in Kalihi: $150
Serpentine belt from O'Reilly: $17

There was a kid from North Shore who went to California to attend tech school for Auto repair. He lived with my BIL while attending school, and after graduation worked at BILs shop in Huntington Beach.
He just moved home last month.
He is currently unemployed.
I asked him if he could swap alternator in Helen.
Sure!
I gave him $150 cash to do the job, he gave me $50 back.
So got alternator and new serpentine belt in Helen for $267
Super stoked!
He is a certified Ford mechanic, so he is going to help us get Violet (my Mustang) running again next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom