::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this has not been a good week or a good day. Had a parent after me (luckily the admin intervened and prevented her from getting to me)

I went to see the cats. I was unimpressed with the whole situation. IT was like the difference from looking at a home online from the realtor and seeing it in real life.

Too many cats in confined areas. Many were stressed and way over weight. One was very aggressive and tormenting the others. He should not have been out. I have 6 really good scratch marks on my arm to prove it.

I almost feel like euthanizing them would be more humane.

Very disappointed and down.

Aw, shoot Jan. I'm so sorry.

My kids are making crepes.

I snuck around behind them and took all of their spatulas.

They will now learn to flip!!

Now, when they are flipping (which I don't do when making crepes - why flip when you have a perfectly good spatula?) sneak up behind them and shout "BOO" right as they start the flip. See how many crepes you can get on the ceiling.

Checked around and the sewer line could be done for about 700-800. The leak in shower could be more major then expected. But can't estimate since he can't see the problem. Could be costly too. No clue??? The electric panel could be 1200-1600 and a family member would do it half price for us. So the mold I could remediate most likely my own and the wall was done most likely on backfill in so as long as we upkeep any issues with it it could last.

Checked around and the sewer line could be done for about 700-800. The leak in shower could be more major then expected. But can't estimate since he can't see the problem. Could be costly too. No clue??? The electric panel could be 1200-1600 and a family member would do it half price for us. So the mold I could remediate most likely my own and the wall was done most likely on backfill in so as long as we upkeep any issues with it it could last.

So I think say $8000 off for the repairs and hope to only cost us 3-4k. A lot of other stuff like gutter, shingles and roof vent I can do myself.

Updates when possible please

Just got home! There was no wifi. Had a marvelous time, right until we debarked early this morning. I immediately started getting terribly sick with diarrhea and vomiting. So bad that I went to the doc; I couldn't stand up I was so weak and dehydrated. They had to use a wheel chair.

It might be norovirus or my very delicate insides. Doc set me up with anti-nauseating drugs, so I was able to sleep this afternoon.

What a truly crappy way to end a vacation.

I am writing this from my study. My home office. The shop is no more. Tools have all been moved to the garage, the work table turned around, all the junk cleared out. I have an area rug that covers most of the floor and a new torchiere lamp. Good quality webcam and podcast-ready microphone are in place. I have a docking station for my Surface (best computer I've ever owned, by the way), as well as dedicated keyboard and mouse. This place is ready to rock my new school adventure.
Very cool Jon!

Just got home! There was no wifi. Had a marvelous time, right until we debarked early this morning. I immediately started getting terribly sick with diarrhea and vomiting. So bad that I went to the doc; I couldn't stand up I was so weak and dehydrated. They had to use a wheel chair.

It might be norovirus or my very delicate insides. Doc set me up with anti-nauseating drugs, so I was able to sleep this afternoon.

Ugh. Get better.

Oh my favorite. When a ho reads previously posted stuff from the past week. It should be a good catchup Sally. We were busy while you were gone.

I hope it was just your delicate insides! Noro is no fun and seems to be all too common on cruise ships. I guess it's a relatively confined environment that makes it hard to prevent.

Very cool Jon!

It's really fun, actually! The camera and mic are both on boom arms which improves desk space and gives me more flexibility. I also bought a 6x6 foot piece of green felt yesterday (dirt cheap and made from recycled water bottles - woo!) that I will be able to use as a green screen for class videos. I haven't had this much fun at the start of the school year since I started three years ago!

(((Sally))) Feel better soon, okay?

It's really fun, actually! The camera and mic are both on boom arms which improves desk space and gives me more flexibility. I also bought a 6x6 foot piece of green felt yesterday (dirt cheap and made from recycled water bottles - woo!) that I will be able to use as a green screen for class videos. I haven't had this much fun at the start of the school year since I started three years ago!

Nice! I am sure you will be good. Don't forget a first day of school pic!!

Aw, shoot Jan. I'm so sorry.

Thanks, Jon. I tell you what: my arm really is uncomfortable with all those scratches.

A friend texted to try our local humane society. She said the animals seem calm and happy. She said it is a great place. I think I'll head over there tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom