::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another argument for sleep testing.

Last night I slept from 8:00 to 2:00 very well.

But I couldn't get back to sleep after those initial six hours of sleep. Not that I'm ignoring what you're saying. I'll see about getting tested.

That's almost word for word what I just wrote Mika. We have the proofs we wanted. Getting digital copies of all the shots and doing nothing with them is throwing money away. He's trying to sucker us in with cute photos of our own kid!

I think it's fairly common practice, either when going out of business or just culling the records. I have been offered both the negatives from my first wedding (the photographer was culling his records - offered us the negatives before they were destroyed) and from Ben's senior picture sessions (photographer retired). The main reason to buy them is that without them you'll never again be able to produce a full-resolution photograph from that session. If you had a reason to believe you might one day want new copies of the pictures it might be tempting to have the masters.

But I couldn't get back to sleep after those initial six hours of sleep. Not that I'm ignoring what you're saying. I'll see about getting tested.

Before I had my sleep test done (did it at home - they did a little class in how to put the machine on then sent it home) I wouldn't have thought I had sleep problems. I wasn't aware of having trouble sleeping. Sheryl had a different perspective on that, of course, but I wasn't aware of problems. The test showed moderate apnea - within the range that a CPAP/APAP was indicated. Once I got used to using it - which only took a couple days - I could tell how much better I was sleeping. No more drowsiness during the day and I have much more energy.

Speaking of sleeping - we sleep with our window wide open. Last night at I think about 3 a.m. I woke up to hear the wind HOWLING in the trees. Oh my gosh. I've never been awakened by the wind like that before! It's still really windy today.

Before I had my sleep test done (did it at home - they did a little class in how to put the machine on then sent it home) I wouldn't have thought I had sleep problems. I wasn't aware of having trouble sleeping. Sheryl had a different perspective on that, of course, but I wasn't aware of problems. The test showed moderate apnea - within the range that a CPAP/APAP was indicated. Once I got used to using it - which only took a couple days - I could tell how much better I was sleeping. No more drowsiness during the day and I have much more energy.

Mika says I don't stop breathing. I snore, but I don't stop breathing.

Kids had the same teachers their parents had. Social networks had been established (and closed) for generations. Around here they will welcome you TO town, but not INTO town. Going on 18 years and I'm still not from around here, despite exercising an important role in the community.

Yeah, the people in the last county I lived in would say "You not from around here, are you?" After I got to know the area, I wanted to yell "No, thank God!"

A friend from our old church used to make about 4 different varieties of chili for potlucks, all of them amazing. But my favorite was what he called "Texas Death Breath." As a proper Texas chili there were no beans - just meat and spices. And garlic. And garlic. And garlic. He never would give me the recipe.

Egads! Chili without beans?! That's the best part!!

Hm . . . know I want to make some chili . . .

On a related note, that church voted last Sunday to close. We were in a great place until an issue of social justice came up and divided the congregation. I said at one point that the devil is in the details, and if a church is being true to its mission then this issue was really just details. Well...the devil was in them, I guess - and the church failed.

That is so sad. What kind of example is that to the community?

View attachment 104379

This photographer is going out of business and wants to sell us digital copies for pictures we already have proofs of.

$200.00 for around 70 pictures.

Thoughts?

You can't put a price on that. Think of it this way: how much did you spend for your grill? Car? etc. I'd buy them if I were you and had the money.

GREAT picture, by the way. And Mika is beautiful!

That's almost word for word what I just wrote Mika. We have the proofs we wanted. Getting digital copies of all the shots and doing nothing with them is throwing money away. He's trying to sucker us in with cute photos of our own kid!

I am sure you, like the rest of us, have thrown money away before.

Yeah, 6 hours seems to be my max amount of sleep, too. Old age?

Yeah, 6 hours seems to be my max amount of sleep, too. Old age?

That's what I'm wondering.

Maybe I should just stay up later and see what happens but I'm really tired during the day sometimes. I perked up today after having a Diet Dr. Pepper and I'm still feeling good right now. Usually I'd be really sleepy about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom