::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst pens I've experienced lately are the advertising pens, here at NAPA. They are cheap, retractable ball points with NAPA ads printed on them. I presume they are Chinese-made.

Worst. Pens. Ever.....

Is this from a small, stub nib?

attachment.php

That's probably from a flex nib pen.

That's probably from a flex nib pen.

With flex pens the tines spread apart if you put more pressure on them, widening the stroke. The fanciest ones are dip nibs, but you can get them in fountain pens that do a passable job - Noodler's makes a bunch. They're kind of fun - I have a Noodler's - but not very practical without a lot of practice.

I'm checking out the goulet site during my lunch hour. This made me laugh out loud. You even read this in a condescending voice!

Ballpoint - What you're probably used to, a pen with a grease or paste ink that is used by rolling the tip (with a ball point) across the paper, which rotates the ball and pulls ink from the pen. These came about around the 1950's and were the disruptive technology to the fountain pen that started their decline. Though a necessary tool, they provide a less-than-ideal writing experience due to their limited ink color options, erratic flow, and high amount of pressure required to write (relative to a fountain pen).

This is why I do better with a fountain pen...

With flex pens the tines spread apart if you put more pressure on them, widening the stroke. The fanciest ones are dip nibs, but you can get them in fountain pens that do a passable job - Noodler's makes a bunch. They're kind of fun - I have a Noodler's - but not very practical without a lot of practice.

So much info about pens.

I'm currently lurking some of the forums. Entertaining.

Pen geeks. who knew?

The bad news: I'm still exhausted from class over the weekend.

The better news: They don't make me cook on my birthday, so I'm off the hook for dinner (woohoo! sushi!).

The good news: I think I just need a practice client who isn't my mother for class. Or learn to enjoy causing her pain. One or the other.

Buying? Selling? Getting repair? Pouting?

No uke.
I am buying. We are paperwork waiting. Then to see the finance person to figure out if we will finance through them or not. That will determine if I go home with my old car or my new-to-me car. I got $3,500 for my Volvo. I was thrilled. I thought with all that's wrong with it I'd maybe get $2,000.

I'm getting a Mercedes C-300, 2013. It's black, but not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom