Page 5838 of 5886 FirstFirst ... 48385338573857885828583658375838583958405848 ... LastLast
Results 58,371 to 58,380 of 58860

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    I don't do that very much. I do a lot of "oh, I wish mom could see this." But at my nieces' dance recital, I was caught quite off guard when I thought "oh, I wonder if mom's here yet?" That was pretty soon after and it just hit me like a bag of bricks.

Someone said it's like losing your compass and that is the most resonant reference I've yet been given.

I also think it's interesting that now that she is gone, I am ... ready? not ready but have no choice? processing a lot of trauma stuff from my past. One of mom's highest values was someone who could be "a brick" in crisis, so maybe I don't have to do that anymore? Or *can't* do that anymore? Maybe I've lost my capacity for stoicism? Or maybe she was the foundation for my walls that made life manageable? It's like, she died, I grieved, there was a little pause, and then all this crap came roaring back from other stuff. I'm a hot mess over here.
    When my dad died years ago, I described it as having my mooring lines cut. I felt like I was suddenly adrift at sea.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    Even the home grown ones?

Actually, I haven't had any really, really good tomatoes in a while. I saved seeds from a plant I had a few years back that was very sweet and very tasty but I haven't planted a garden since then so I don't know if they'll be as good. It seems like even the varieties you plant at home are getting more and more bland or my memories are just better than my realities.
    It's likely seeds from a tomato you grew won't produce the same kind of tomatoes - seems like most tomato plants available are hybrids, and seeds from hybrids don't give the same results as their parents.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Even the home grown ones?

Actually, I haven't had any really, really good tomatoes in a while. I saved seeds from a plant I had a few years back that was very sweet and very tasty but I haven't planted a garden since then so I don't know if they'll be as good. It seems like even the varieties you plant at home are getting more and more bland or my memories are just better than my realities.
    And...home-grown fresh tomatoes are the worst of all. The more flavor, the more gag-inducing. My dad was famous for his home-grown tomatoes. All summer long every year I would have a small bowl of fresh tomatoes as part of our dinner. My summer nightmare.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    My dream is to see wild donkeys; cuz, you know, donkeys are my spirit animal. Been going to Bog Island for 30+ years and haven't seen one yet. There are goats galore.
    I was not aware they existed, but totally makes sense.
    I wonder if you might have better luck on Molokai?
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

My buddy that smokes all the time swears by Kingsford Charcoal.

He says it burns at a lower temp and he can control the heat better. But he has an offset firebox smoker and I think it has a blower too. I haven't tried it in my Akorn but I can't see it being any better than lump charcoal for what I have.
    I can keep my Akorn at 200 for 12 hours with lump charcoal. Your buddy may smoke all the time, but it sounds like he may be a little lacking in technical ability.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

It's not too bad out now. A little cool. I'm filling the dumpster, so a lot of in and out.
    Is that what they are calling it nowdays?
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

When I was a kid, we'd have sliced tomatoes with most meals during the summer.

A stack of wonderbread and butter all year, at my grandparents' house.
    I think I'm going to be sick. (the tomatoes, not the Wonder bread.)
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

That's a pretty unbelievable price and in Kahala too.

It makes me kind of suspicious because Kahala is a super rich area. Here's a snippet from the always accurate internet: The median home value in Waialae-Kahala is $1,541,000.
    I'm guessing that's a partial ownership.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

Quote Originally Posted by salukulady View Post
    for Jon? ESPECIALLY THE HOME GROWN ONES.
    Thank you, Sally.
    Jon's Facebooks
    The PoHo Store

That's a pretty unbelievable price and in Kahala too.

It makes me kind of suspicious because Kahala is a super rich area. Here's a snippet from the always accurate internet: The median home value in Waialae-Kahala is $1,541,000.
    There has to be a catch, next to a pig farm?, super-fund site nearby?, atomic termites?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

Thread Information