::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teachers need $100K per year for housing to be affordable? $100K for a job that only works 9 months a year?

10 mos buddy!

Well, I guess 9 if you count all the days off we get during the year.

105K/year is considered low income in parts of the Bay Area now. Another article stated that you need to make 280K/year to afford housing in San Jose. We're losing five new teachers this year because they can't afford to live here. The girl across the hall from me is still living with her parents and a young guy down the hall is living in his single brother's house (he has a wife and two kids). It's crazy down here.

Did a uke class yesterday morning with the same crew as Thursday's kanikapila. All Hawaiian songs. Sorry Damon, nothing stuck, except "All Hawaiians Stand Together". Beach in the afternoon. Met some peeps we haven't seen in 20 year or more. They're at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel this week, ordained colleagues from the Bay Area. Serendipity and all that. Nothing so grand as the MKBH for us. We just go for the beach. Best on Kona side.

Did a uke class yesterday morning with the same crew as Thursday's kanikapila. All Hawaiian songs. Sorry Damon, nothing stuck, except "All Hawaiians Stand Together". Beach in the afternoon. Met some peeps we haven't seen in 20 year or more. They're at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel this week, ordained colleagues from the Bay Area. Serendipity and all that. Nothing so grand as the MKBH for us. We just go for the beach. Best on Kona side.

::like::

someone really needs to get on making that button :)

10 mos buddy!

Well, I guess 9 if you count all the days off we get during the year.

105K/year is considered low income in parts of the Bay Area now. Another article stated that you need to make 280K/year to afford housing in San Jose. We're losing five new teachers this year because they can't afford to live here. The girl across the hall from me is still living with her parents and a young guy down the hall is living in his single brother's house (he has a wife and two kids). It's crazy down here.

Contrast Kansas. Our house has changed value about $1,000 in 17 years. Don't know if it up or down. The difference isn't meaningful. No inflation adjustment, either.

I guess that's how you keep 'me down on the farm. Make everyplace else out of reach.

Contrast Kansas. Our house has changed value about $1,000 in 17 years. Don't know if it up or down. The difference isn't meaningful. No inflation adjustment, either.

I guess that's how you keep 'me down on the farm. Make everyplace else out of reach.

Our house has increased in value $100K in the four years since it was built. Portland isn't the Bay Area yet, but we're working on it.

Our house has increased in value $100K in the four years since it was built. Portland isn't the Bay Area yet, but we're working on it.

'Em, dammit. Keep 'me down on the farm.

(Effing autocorrect)

Something has to break around here. 105K is low income?! In San Jose the number is 85K so I'm barely above being designated "low income". So I have an undergrad and a grad degree and a job that is considered "professional" yet I'm barely above that low income designation and Im maxed out on the pay scale so that means younger teachers are considered low income.

something has to break this bubble

It's been four years already?

wow

I know, right? I've already had to replace the cartridge in the master bathroom shower. And the powder room faucet is shot. We didn't go high end with fixtures - but we didn't go bargain basement, either. *puts on old man hat* They don't make things like they used to.

I know, right? I've already had to replace the cartridge in the master bathroom shower. And the powder room faucet is shot. We didn't go high end with fixtures - but we didn't go bargain basement, either. *puts on old man hat* They don't make things like they used to.

Wait. Wut?

I must have joined the thread just after that. I don't remember any moving stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom