::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of shaving. I thought about getting a brush and cake of soap for shaving. Thinking of going low tech. Then I discovered the price of the brushes. OK, I'll use Barbasol.

Speaking of shaving. I thought about getting a brush and cake of soap for shaving. Thinking of going low tech. Then I discovered the price of the brushes. OK, I'll use Barbasol.

Don't know how to post a picture on here but I still have one of Pa's old shaving brushes if you would like it.

But your Starbucks coffee is fancy because they make Starbucks buy Hawaiian beans to sell in Hawaii. At least they used to.
I think Hawaiian beans are FOR SALE at Starbuck's here, but I do not think that is what is in their day-to-day coffee.
The bags of Starbuck's Kona Coffee are smaller than the regular bags of Starbucks coffee and I think twice as expen$ive.

You can pay a ton for the brushes, but you don't have to. I have a couple of fancy brushes, but I also have an old brush and shaving mug that I bought on ebay both for $12. Shaving soap lasts forever (well about 2 months) and double-edge blades cost pennies; $2 buys me enough blades for the month.

You can pay a ton for the brushes, but you don't have to. I have a couple of fancy brushes, but I also have an old brush and shaving mug that I bought on ebay both for $12. Shaving soap lasts forever (well about 2 months) and double-edge blades cost pennies; $2 buys me enough blades for the month.

Between the fountain pens and the shaving brush, it's possible I was born in the wrong century.

Between the fountain pens and the shaving brush, it's possible I was born in the wrong century.

But you didn’t write a book on the fine art of wooing women. Nah, you’re a modern man.

I think Hawaiian beans are FOR SALE at Starbuck's here, but I do not think that is what is in their day-to-day coffee.
The bags of Starbuck's Kona Coffee are smaller than the regular bags of Starbucks coffee and I think twice as expen$ive.

When they first broke into the Hawaiian market part of the deal to allow them on the islands was that they had to purchase Hawaiian beans. They might be buying whatever amount they were supposed to buy to be allowed to sell in Hawaii and now turn around and sell the beans.

I remember going to one of the first Starbucks in Waikiki and the manager was telling me all about what they were required to do to be able to set up shop in Hawaii.

That's cool.

I think they're made of badger hair.

Badger hair is the most common and most popular material, although there are many grades of badger out there. It's popular because it's both soft and stiff (shut up, Jon). Boar hair is also popular, although much rougher and coarser than badger. And there are a great many synthetics out there, which are generally much cheaper and some of which are very good.

I'm sure my mom still has it somewhere.

It was weird I had to ask my mom after 2-3 yrs with the handlebar if she had any if my dad's old mugs. They had a thing on the top of it to keep your mustache out of your coffee. She said she did and would bring me one....

Meh. Shaving brushes & old timey razors? Not for me. Harry's razor and Van Der Hagen Shave Butter. Moisturizer after. I'm good. Mow the beard once a week with a trimmer and do the 'stache on the way out.

Where is Don?! We need to get this thread back on track with knitting!!!

Don? Don!! Help me out here!

I had an unscheduled run today thanks to Callie getting out while I was bringing in groceries. I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t get winded while I was running out after her. She eventually let me catch up to her. Brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom