::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little bummed. I'm so busy this weekend I won't have time to fiddle with the bbq and learn it's quirks.

I want to smoke something, mostly turkey legs right now, but I need to learn how to adjust the vents to regulate the temperature.

And Jon, everything I've read about the Akorn vs. Green Egg back up what you said. The only, and I think it's minor drawback is since the egg is such thick ceramic material it does't drop in temp when you open it. It has enough mass that the heat loss is minimal. I've been reading that the Akorn drops between 50-70 degrees and takes a few minutes to stablelize.

Not a problem. Once I figure it out, I won't be opening it up much.

Very minimal problem, I think. I haven't observed any issues with that. The upsides are that if something crashes into it the worst that would likely happen is a dent. An egg can be broken. It's also a fraction of the weight - I can get it up and down the deck stairs myself when I'm moving things around to clean the deck.

Going with the long ove gloves you suggested.

Now I'm researching thermometers. I kinda like the one that sends temps to my phone.

I had the maverick (I think that's the name) and found it to be wildly inaccurate. Lots of people seem to like it but I was NOT impressed. Get one that has a probe for the air in the grill as well as a probe for the meat.

I had the maverick (I think that's the name) and found it to be wildly inaccurate. Lots of people seem to like it but I was NOT impressed. Get one that has a probe for the air in the grill as well as a probe for the meat.

I'm actually looking for one for the air.

I have a few meat probes but I most all reviews say the stock thermometer is unreliable and inaccurate.

Who would have thought I'd spend time on a forum?!

I'm actually looking for one for the air.

I have a few meat probes but I most all reviews say the stock thermometer is unreliable and inaccurate.

Who would have thought I'd spend time on a forum?!

I actually have no problem with the stock thermometer. I learned where I want it set - lower temp on that one since it sits a bit above the grate. I want a good remote meat thermometer...

I like the therma pens. But granted I just poke my mash for temps with it.

I like those too, but I don't want to lose "juice" by poking my meat all over the place. With a probe my meat won't get poked multiple times.

(Where's Freeda?)

after review "thesis" statement all week in English

How hard is it to learn what a thesis is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom