::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanilei and I enjoying our day!
xDIv4ac.jpg

pretty!

I hate the class I'm in now, because each assignment is worth like 2 points. And the big ones are 10 points. And the final is 20 points.

Ok, so yes, I understand that it's the same as if an assignment was 20, big ones 100, and the final 200. But it still feels stupid to bust my ass for "2 lousy points".

(I'm aware that I'm ridiculous.)
nope, I get it.
I had this geometry teacher in high school who would assign long homework assignments, but only would grade 4 or 5 problems. She would not grade them herself. You would trade with someone the next day and grade assignments as a class. I hated it. I felt like it was a waste of my time and that it was not fair to students who were struggling.
After the first quarter I started gambling on which problems I would actually complete. She always picked one way easy problem, one review, and two or three problems most relevant to the lesson.

looks gorgeous brother.
wish i had spent some time there. i was in Hawaii for three heavenly weeks
in Feb 2014. stayed with mm stan for some days and with geetee also (in Honolulu),
then spent the lion's share of the time in Hana, on Maui...
mind you, i wouldn't trade those weeks for anything. it was special.
will never forget that trip, and one day, i hope, i'll do it again.

You spent time in the jungle if you spent time with geetee :)

In AZ. Drove here yesterday. Checked into our tiny cabin. It’s adorable and I would call it rustic. The kinda place you want to buy and fix up. Hubby calls it a tear down. But it’s cheap and clean and cute, neither of us are complaining.

Walked into town. Just a mile and a half. But at 5000 feet that was a bit taxing on us two sea level peeps. Took our time and enjoyed ourselves. Downtown Prescott’s nice. Has a historic area of shops and brew houses called Whiskey Row with a big old city hall in a square. We ate and window shopped. Headed back before the sunset realizing it was going to get really cold once that happened. We were both wiped out by 9pm last night and went to bed early.

There was a bad incident at home soon after we left. Penny was walking Sandy and Ranger and another dog off leash attacked them. Some people driving by stopped and helped her, took her and the dogs to her work (penny works as a vet tech at our veterinarian) and Katie met her there. Sandy is full of stitches and in the hospital, but will survive, Penny’s hand got bit but not too badly. Her vet bandaged her up and put her on antibiotics.
She didn’t call us because she knew we’d turn around. She and Katie handled the entire thing. Reports have been made to Animal Control.

Whoa, hope everyone heals quickly. I hate when people walk their pets off leash. Not a fan of unmarked "emotional support" dogs either. If you bring your pet into a restaurant and have him up on the table I kinda want to see that it's a legitimate case. One of the teachers I work with has one for both emotional support and medical emergency (the dog detects oncoming seizures) but she is clearly marked with a harness not to interact with her because she is "working." I may be incorrect, but I feel a lot of people around here bring their dogs everywhere on false pretenses because they can.

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs and I understand the need for some people but it's rampant around here.

We went to the National Videogame museum on Friday. It was small but there was a lot to look at and play. I played the Oregon Trail and died of Typhoid. lol
It was fun and we plan to go back .
Typhoid.jpg

Baseball is the American version of cricket Pere :)
and just one reason I love it to bits.
Go you Giants!

Cricket is much better. American baseball bores me to tears - on TV anyway. It's fun in person at the ballpark where the mascots and team staff do things to keep the crowd entertained.

Off leash is against the law and really pisses me off.

This dog was tied up to something and broke free. Penny said it belonged to a obviously homeless guy camped hidden in the bushes. She said it came outta nowhere and the guy was yelling trying to warn her. After they managed to pull the big dog off of Sandy Penny said it took they guys full body weight to keep his dog back and the guy kept screaming how sorry he was after Penny ran off holding Sandy and dragging Ranger on his leash.

final update. the match is over as of 5 minutes ago. Australia humiliated on day 4 and have lost the match.
nothing less than they deserved.

I still think they should've lost due to forfeit. Allowing a team to play after an incident like that is wrong. If it had been the bowler only, fine - eject him for the rest of the match (at minimum), but since this was a leadership decision Australia should've just been booted and SA given the match.

Whoa, hope everyone heals quickly. I hate when people walk their pets off leash. Not a fan of unmarked "emotional support" dogs either. If you bring your pet into a restaurant and have him up on the table I kinda want to see that it's a legitimate case. One of the teachers I work with has one for both emotional support and medical emergency (the dog detects oncoming seizures) but she is clearly marked with a harness not to interact with her because she is "working." I may be incorrect, but I feel a lot of people around here bring their dogs everywhere on false pretenses because they can.

Don't get me wrong, I like dogs and I understand the need for some people but it's rampant around here.

Dogs were a constant headache for me at UWC every year. When I finally made it a very strict No Dogs policy, it was like a weight had lifted from my shoulders.

I hate the class I'm in now, because each assignment is worth like 2 points. And the big ones are 10 points. And the final is 20 points.

Ok, so yes, I understand that it's the same as if an assignment was 20, big ones 100, and the final 200. But it still feels stupid to bust my ass for "2 lousy points".

(I'm aware that I'm ridiculous.)

My daily assignments in one of my classes this term are worth 1.5 points. Who grades on half points?

I *always* check my shirt pockets before I wash my work shirts. Except this last time. Washed and dried about 15 aloha shirts with a purple gel ink pen.
Dammit!
Many expensive Reyn Spooner shirts ruined.

Hey Damon - weren't you mourning the demise of the Sheaffer Ion pen? I found this at Office Depot this weekend - I can go back and get it for you if you want...

dvBR9YQ.jpg

Hey Damon - weren't you mourning the demise of the Sheaffer Ion pen? I found this at Office Depot this weekend - I can go back and get it for you if you want...

Wow. That's a big picture. Sorry 'bout that.

In AZ. Drove here yesterday. Checked into our tiny cabin. It’s adorable and I would call it rustic. The kinda place you want to buy and fix up. Hubby calls it a tear down. But it’s cheap and clean and cute, neither of us are complaining.

Walked into town. Just a mile and a half. But at 5000 feet that was a bit taxing on us two sea level peeps. Took our time and enjoyed ourselves. Downtown Prescott’s nice. Has a historic area of shops and brew houses called Whiskey Row with a big old city hall in a square. We ate and window shopped. Headed back before the sunset realizing it was going to get really cold once that happened. We were both wiped out by 9pm last night and went to bed early.

There was a bad incident at home soon after we left. Penny was walking Sandy and Ranger and another dog off leash attacked them. Some people driving by stopped and helped her, took her and the dogs to her work (penny works as a vet tech at our veterinarian) and Katie met her there. Sandy is full of stitches and in the hospital, but will survive, Penny’s hand got bit but not too badly. Her vet bandaged her up and put her on antibiotics.
She didn’t call us because she knew we’d turn around. She and Katie handled the entire thing. Reports have been made to Animal Control.

Do you know what kind of dog attacked them? Just curious. How did that dog's owners handle it?

A young couple just walked in the shop.
The girl says, "Do you have any dulcimers?",
"No, Weedpatch Music sells them",
girl- "Wait, what's a dulcimer look like?",
I explain it,
girl says- "No not that.... it's always tuned to G".
?????????

Annie wants a dulcimer for her birthday (in July). Her children's choir director brought several in one morning and used one during a performance and Annie was entranced. We'll see if she's still entranced come this summer - it's a possibility, though.

I believe emotional support pets should be trained and certified and required to wear ID when they're working. I can judge Kodi to by my emotional support dog, but no way is he appropriate in public facilities - he's still a partially trained puppy. Just because I say he gives me emotional support doesn't mean he's trained for the job.

Dogs were a constant headache for me at UWC every year. When I finally made it a very strict No Dogs policy, it was like a weight had lifted from my shoulders.

Are people still bitching about it or have they accepted reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom