UAS: CONCERT scale 'Makala Dolphin/Shark' equivalent?

Does the Outdoor Ukulele Tenor count as an "All Plastic" ukulele in your mind (it is polycarbonate) and retails for $145, out of you $100 price range. I love that I can bring it anywhere without worrying about it.

I like my Makala CE; would also consider a Córdoba Concert or Tenor. I've only been on the scene since January as a player and have never seen a Concert Ukadelic, although an American Flag Soprano Ukadelic is my ink soprano in my collection (the other two are for my boys to play so they leave my instruments alone until they can actually play).

Let us know what model you pick.

Thanks but yes, POLYCARBONATE is NOT wood, so whether the materials-science-police says so or otherwise, to me it's 'plastic'. :)

I already have Fluke and Flea ukes, which are 'polycarbonate' but reinforced with FIBERGLASS according to MFC (whatever that means) so really NOT wanting ANY plastic or otherwise man-made materials for this one, but ONLY organic materials other than the tuners and frets, inorganic nut and saddle will be replaced with ebony or rosewood when I do a setup on it.

Also, the CE has a pickup in it, which ALSO defeats the purpose of this uke. Sorry but my pickups will be either a Mi-Si or whatever MIC might be available, and the Mi-Si costs over $100 itself so this blows the budget any way.

Also, as of this post, my QUEST is on HOLD, since I am now focused on raising the cash for a ticket to the NJ Uke Fest at the end of AUGUST 2016 and will NOT be spending for a new uke until I have that ticket paid for...

So you're all welcome to discuss amongst yourselves, but be advised that any further thinking about this thread on my part is in abeyance until
after the NJ Uke Fest.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far... :)

Top Bottom