Free KoAloha tenor ukulele

Awesome gesture. I know there are ukers out there with little hope of ever being able to afford one. Hope it makes it to one of them.

Well unfortunately the only person I would nominate is across the pond, "bird's eye view of my ukelele". If you would consider her I would kick in the shipping to get it there. Otherwise if it were a soprano I would be doing my best to butter you up for myself but alas I own an old well loved concert size KoAloha I stole for $100 that gets no play as it is.

Good luck to whomever gets this uke it is very nice of you to spread the love like this.

:cool:

$100 KoAloha concert...my kind of deal.

Pay it forward. The Aloha spirit. Wonderful, Staci! Will pm you the name of someone I think is deserving.

Last edited:
I'm just glad I already got my KoAloha. I can't imagine how stressed I would be waiting to see if I got picked :eek:

Awesome...

Very kind of you, thank you for doing this. Someone will be very happy, and floored by both the sound and the generosity. :) (I don't fit the bill!)

Last edited:
I also don't fit the bill - I've got more than enough ukes, but felt the need to chime in and reiterate that this is a wonderful gesture! I know whoever gets it will give it the attention it deserves!

I know someone! She lives in Quincy, CA and I'll be happy to pay the shipping costs if the ukulele goes to her. She's a young girl who I've had the pleasure of seeing perform several times at our local open mic performances. Her love of ukulele and music shows itself whenever she gets up there on the stage. Shes playing in front of a mostly adult audience so in her shyness, she rarely looks up but I can see the concentration AND delight she's experiencing with every number she plays. I also know she's playing with a very inexpensive ukulele and that her family cannot afford a better one. I've contacted her music teachers at her school so one or both of her teachers will be contacting you soon as well with more info. Thank you!!

Fantastic gesture...It is the things like this that made me want to join this forum in the first place. I have been thinking of getting a good quality uke to give to one of my students... one day perhaps when teachers are paid more haha

I am a music teacher in Quincy CA. I would love to see this instrument go to a young Lady named Ellie. I believe she is 11. She is one of the most dedicated and responsible music students I have ever seen. I pooled money with two other music teachers to buy her an entry level instrument that she has already out grown. We regularly lend her our professional level instruments in class and when she performs. She handles instruments with the utmost respect and sense of responsibility. Her family can not afford a high quality instrument but she really should have one. She practices and performs at every opportunity and is developing into quite a fine player. Such a gift would make a huge impact on her as a developing musician and community-minded young person.

Aloha Spirit Matters! Awesome! Make American Grateful Again!

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. But as a disclaimer, I am torn on this thought. I am not so sure an instrument like this should go to a child. And my reason for saying this is, there is something to be said for a young person to feel the pain, and grow up wanting something enough to go through the years yearning for it to a point they work their butts off to someday achieve that dream. Also, the fact that something with great value could be sold, and several less expensive instruments be purchased with that same money and make several children's young dreams come true. Imagine what $1000 could purchase less expensive ukes to outfit several kids that would otherwise not have the means to play anything. When I was 14, I played the bass. I wanted a Rickenbacker bass I saw hanging on the wall of a music store badly. I didn't come with a silver spoon in my mouth, and my parents as hard working as they were, never could have afforded to buy me an instrument like that. I worked my tail off for over a year to buy that BASS. I bought it before I was 16 years old with my own sweat and tears. It was a huge investment back in the 1970s (over $800 at that time) that many grown men would have to work a month to buy for themselves. I had a huge appreciation and love of that Bass because what it cost me in sweat to obtain it. Now that said, my daughter has had the opportunity to play her Gibson Les Paul since she was 12. Even though she had been playing since she was 7, And she tore up all her toys and things with the exception of a cheap guitar she started with. She babied her guitar like it was made of gold. Broken toys and things all over her room, but her cheap guitar stood in the corner when it wasn't in her hand like it was a monument. I gave her her Gibson when she was 12, even though I felt it was wrong, but she did put in the years and the guitar was a passion since she was 7, so I did. Even though she also still plays that Gibson at 19 like a rock star, and babies it. I still think that maybe I should have made her buy her own, and work for it. She loves the guitar because it was a project when I got it, and me and her slaved over it restoring it, so I felt she did work for that guitar. And this is just another reason why she respects and loves it, because it was something we built together when she was young. But, it's hers, and she worked for it.

But at any rate. This is a huge gesture and whom ever is blessed with it, I just hope they appreciate it not just as an expensive instrument, but a token of how mankind should be, and that they pay it forward. God Bless the OP.

Last edited:
What a nice thing to do. These ukuleles need to be played and whoever gets it will love it. Even made me look up Quincy on the map. Gold country?

Quincy is indeed in Gold Country, quiltingShirley, and a wonderful little town. I read Tudorp's post and though I understand where's he's coming from, I don't think this is the case with Elli. She's a dedicated musician and a very sweet and honest young girl. Also significant to the discussion is that's she's working with an excellent teacher, Greg Willis. I've never known a more dedicated hardworking and wise teacher than Greg. He's a wonderful role model for his students and I know that under his tutelage, Elli will indeed appreciate this fine instrument and continue to work hard and joyfully. Thanks, all.

Understand yours too. Like I mentioned, I am torn on my thoughts on gifting kids in this way. There are kids that simply deserve it no doubt. Things like this in this magnitude simply needs to be thought out and all things considered, in each case.

A really wonderful gesture Staci.................no matter who it goes to, nothing but good karma.

So generous of you! What aloha :) I would like you to consider my friend Jan. She lives in an apartment in Alexandria, VA. Lives very frugally on disability due to an injury some years ago. Has little feeling in her legs. No pity here though! She does get around! She is just a lovely sweet person with a quirky sense of humor, like me. I can't think of anyone more deserving. I think she now plays a Lanikai, which is okay but, well, you know!! She loves to play. Belongs to the Hawaii State Society. Goes to their events and to nursing homes and plays with the Reston Uke group.

Cheers :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and nomination submissions. It is already so hard to choose, I wish I could do more. I just want this ukulele to be played and loved. :)

How wonderful! I needed to read something that would feed my soul, and this is it. May it go to a loving, and deserving home, and continue to give Aloha for years to come.

Wow that is a tremendously nice gesture, especially in light of all the terrible news that seems to be going off in the world right now. Thank you for your generosity.
(I think I may too much money to qualify, but good luck on your search)

Top Bottom