Sugar Man - Sixto Rodriguez (Ukulele Cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q95C-9M0Jw&feature=youtu.be

If you have not heard of Sixto Rodriguez "The Sugar Man" you should watch the documentary SUGAR MAN. It is an incredible story about Sixto who didn't sell a single album in the U.S. but sold millions of albums in South Africa of all places.

He was ripped off by the music industry and never even knew he was famous. He lives in Detroit and as of the making of the documentary a few years ago he still walked the sidewalks of his neighborhood in Detroit.

I am using a collaboration software via the web and was experimenting on how well it works for doing a video.

AMAZING story...and this is my homage to the original Sugar Man.

Nice job.

The documentary was brought to my attention at work before I retired. I was moved enough to buy his album.

Nice vid Jay! Thanks for sharing :)

Found this interview with Sixto:

"Sugar Man" is an amazing film, and a great story. But...
I got to see Rodriguez at a festival a few years ago, and unfortunately he was, how shall I put this, the worse for wear. His band pretty much carried him through the show, giving in to him as he insisted on something other than water to drink, and trying to keep up as he started cover versions of songs they clearly hadn't expected. All rather sad.

Excellent Loved it. Now if you really want to make my day, you could do a tutorial on that song for us . :).

All i need is chords, strum pattern and lyrics with chord changes just for a start and or something like that. I love rodriguez and haven't found any tutorials anywhere. Thank you so much.

Sure but it doesn't necessarily give the same answer does it.

Top Bottom