Uke Tuners

I found a tuning fork on the sidewalk once. It's fun to play around with, but it's in the key of E for guitar I guess. I suppose I could tune my E strings with it.

It doesn't take much to amuse old people. :eek:ld:

Sometimes I forget to take it off, but hardly ever...I like to clip it to the mic stand, cable, my shirt pocket, some thing close by, etc. and then when I need it, I entertain my band mates looking for it! I hate it on headstock, so it's all worth it.

I take mine off and promptly lose it (usually) because I'm always stashing it up high out of the way of little hands.
PSA: DON'T LET LITTLE ONES PLAY WITH TUNERS if there's any chance at all that they might get their hands on the battery. Those little batteries are too candy-like and lots of kids end up in the ER after swallowing a battery! A ped. ER doctor schooled me on the when she saw I had the tuner laying around.

Sometimes I forget to take it off, but hardly ever...I like to clip it to the mic stand, cable, my shirt pocket, some thing close by, etc. and then when I need it, I entertain my band mates looking for it! I hate it on headstock, so it's all worth it.
I was at a friend's house and he wanted to use mine, so I gave it to him. He clipped it on his music stand when he was done because I was doing something else at the moment. The next day I realized that I had left it there. That's why I keep it on my uke.

I take mine off and promptly lose it (usually) because I'm always stashing it up high out of the way of little hands.
PSA: DON'T LET LITTLE ONES PLAY WITH TUNERS if there's any chance at all that they might get their hands on the battery. Those little batteries are too candy-like and lots of kids end up in the ER after swallowing a battery! A ped. ER doctor schooled me on the when she saw I had the tuner laying around.
Amen to that! My 1.5 year old daughter ALWAYS tries to get a hand of my snark tuner. Somehow, it's even more interesting than my ukes, hah! Must be the wierd looking shape of it, kinda like a little alien thing that blinks.

Ya know, there's another thread on the forum about capos. Well, I've seen a lot of them wrapped around the strings on the peghead too. How about a little metronome or fingernail trimmer or a string winder or . . .

Soon pegheads will look like utility belts! :eek:ld:

I don't stare at the headstock while playing, so unless I'm looking at a tuner there, I wouldn't notice if I have a pretty headstock or not while playing. (But I do notice when I'm not playing.) So, I have no problem with how things look with a tuner attached.

I tend to tune and then take the tuner off, though, because my youngest dog might decide to start to chew on something interesting to him, (like an electric cord), and I might need to very quickly get the uke back in the case and redirect the dog's attention to a dog toy. The uke needs to go back into the case, (kept right there at the ready), because with 3 of the 4 legged ones around, someone is bound to step on or sit on the uke if it's not safely stashed in the case. It was even more of a concern when I had a 160 pound deaf and mostly blind dog, but even with the current crew, (smaller than the Great Dane, but still large dogs), things happen. And then there is clutzy me, who might also step on or sit on something accidentally. LOL.

The slippery slope. First you put a tuner on your headstock and leave it there, then it goes downhill from there.

I never leave the tuner on the headstock. Looks bad in a video. Reminds me of a guitarist on stage wearing a watch and you can see it when he/she is playing. Looks bad IMHO.

Petey

I never leave the tuner on the headstock. Looks bad in a video. Reminds me of a guitarist on stage wearing a watch and you can see it when he/she is playing. Looks bad IMHO.

Petey

I go to a lot of live music and this is something that I've never noticed one way or the other. But now I always will thanks to you. :)

Top Bottom