UK Dream Ukulele - Anyone tried one of these?

Hope you eventually find someone who's tried one. I wouldn't expect much at that price point, but a few ukers have tried some various brands and, in general, felt they got their money's worth. Depends on how important cosmetics is to you. For $30-$40 bucks, may be worth a gamble. You can always do a setup and decide what strings may bring out it's best sound, change tuning machines, etc. It seems like I did see a review, but I'll be damned if I can remember where or who. Ahhh Ha! I decided to do a quick search here on UU. Here you go: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...last-review)&highlight=chinese+applause+style

I bought a Tenor version of this from Caramel/Rubin last year and found it very nice to play. I gave it to my daughter and SIL. I only had it in hand for about two weeks but thought it to be well worth the price. Since then I've played a lot of more expensive Ukes and realized it is at least as good as some that cost 3X the price. If it had a more traditional sound hole I'd buy another one, but maybe not as I have my zebra wood collection and am happy with them.

I have the UK Dream bass uke..it is a wonderful instrument..fret ends had to be filed down a bit to make smoother action of hand on neck, but the intonation is quite satisfactory for such a small instrument. Definitely worth getting for the price (to my ears it sounds just as good as the more expensive Kala model)

Top Bottom