Drummer turned Ukulele Player!

H

HollyUke

Hi All!

I'm so excited to have finally joined the UU Forum! I have been using Ukulele Underground as a valuable learning tool for a few years now and can't wait to become a true part of this amazing community.

I have been a professional drummer for over 10 years, but found that the ukulele brings me more joy and peace than I've ever experienced before. With the help of UU videos and forum posts, the music theory knowledge I gained in college, and my past performance experience, I've been able to make great strides with the ukulele. Thank you to all who's forum posts have helped me to grow as an ukulele player! I'm looking forward to giving back as much as I can!

Happy strumming!

Hi Holly! Welcome to UU!

I've just been checking out your music and your videos and I like your compositions a lot.

The music is very peaceful and soothing.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Welcome to the forum!

I always felt the soprano ukulele is almost more of a percussion instrument, uniquely suited for drummers, than a typical string instrument. :)

Welcome to UU, glad you joined our community here!

Hi Holly! Welcome to UU!

I've just been checking out your music and your videos and I like your compositions a lot.

The music is very peaceful and soothing.

Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome :)! And special thanks to Booli for the feedback on my compositions. - It means so much!

Welcome. My younger brother is a drummer, for about 30 years. I went from guitar for almost 50 years, to uke 3 years ago (haven't touched my guitars since) and about a year and half ago started bass uke.

Welcome. My younger brother is a drummer, for about 30 years. I went from guitar for almost 50 years, to uke 3 years ago (haven't touched my guitars since) and about a year and half ago started bass uke.

Yea, there is definitely something extra special about the ukulele. I tried one for the first time about 2 1/2 years ago and couldn't get enough. While I do still play the drums, I am absolutely glued to my ukulele on a daily basis. It's a beautiful thing!

Top Bottom