Season 233 - Let's Rock

Sympathy for the Devil

Howdy Seasonistas!
So I was working on an original for Keith's Season, with help from my family as we travel across Canada, but it was not to be. My laptop died and took our work in progress with it. Hopefully I can get out back when we get home. I couldn't just let the season go by though, so I found a stairwell in the hotel and recorded this. In my mind, Sympathy for the Devil is the most rock n roll song ever, albeit a bit less so here. :)

thanks again for a great week, Keith.
yesterday we went outside with our baritone ukes and decided to just play.
we recorded four improvisations, this was one of them.
when we turned the camera on, neither of us had any idea what the other was going to do.
it's exciting and fun and liberating to play like that sometimes.
just to let go of control and see what happens.

Well, that's my first Season done & dusted.

I hope everyone had a good time & enjoyed it.

A rather eclectic mix - just like my taste in music.

Some regulars were notable by their absence,
(I hope they are fit & well, & were just doing other things.)

I put my name down to host a Season with some trepidation,
but as it turned out, I've quite enjoyed hosting this week.

Thanks to everyone who participated,
& I'll see you again in future Seasons.

Last edited:
Keith, I loved this Season! I had a lot of fun playing and listening to the performances that you inspired. Great Season, thanks!

Well done Keith - I'm sorry, I never got a song in for you (next time!! When you'll be a seasoned seasonista hosting a season!) was just too busy this week I'm afraid.

While I was going through listening to some of the entries just now. I noticed something that struck me as a little odd in the selection of videos down the side. I saw by most videos "NEW Recommended for you" and would you believe - it was my own most recent video. It wasn't the first time either. It's happened with every video I've posted this week. Very odd; they clearly think I might want to listen to my own video. No thanks - at least if I do for some reason, I can listen to it on my PC!

Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

I'm pretty sure their algorithm is just recommending ukulele videos to you because you always note that yours are ukulele. Same thing happens to me. By the way, I always listen to mine once right after I upload them to make sure youtube's "processing" didn't screw something up.

Greetings
It sure was a fun week. I signed up to host and I am scared to death! (Ok, might be exaggerating). So I am glad a first time host enjoyed it. Thanks!

Ciao

I'm pretty sure their algorithm is just recommending ukulele videos to you because you always note that yours are ukulele. Same thing happens to me. By the way, I always listen to mine once right after I upload them to make sure youtube's "processing" didn't screw something up.

I agree.

I also listen to the video right after uploading, on my computer and then on my iPad, just to make sure it plays and looks and sounds good in both places.

ALSO, Keith, thanks for hosting a great week! :)

Definitely a great week. Definitely felt good to get back into the seasons again. And had a great time poring through all the rock songs I like to find one to do. Plus hearing all of you guys rocking out. :)

Loads of fun this week of R&R. Funny I still wake up every morning with Bobby MacGee in my head :)

Thanks Keith!

Loads of fun this week of R&R. Funny I still wake up every morning with Bobby MacGee in my head :)

Thanks Keith!

Hah...You're lucky ... I wake up every morning with Me in my head. :rolleyes:

Blimey I seem to be running late these days, cheers Keith and well done on your first season.
Couldn't let a Rock n Roll Season go without mentioning the legendary guitarist Scotty Moore who passed fairly recently who made those Sun Sessions with Elvis what they were and whose style the 'Scotty sound' still Inspires players today even 60 yrs on.

RIP Scotty Moore December 27, 1931 – June 28, 2016

Last edited:
Top Bottom