Song Help Request Help Requested

UkeStuff

Reaction score
I am writing out some lead sheets (melody/chords, sometimes 2 part/chords) for my choirs to use in our new hybrid choir/ukulele classes this fall; and of course the focus is holiday music (generally non-religious as this is a public school...wish it didn't matter, but it does). All of these have chord charts in-line, with the idea of teaching the songs to kids and showing them the chords as they play, without making them look to a summary at the top of the song (e.g. The Daily Ukulele) while they are also reading horizontally.

I'm trying to create/typeset a song a day...but soon I'll have enough songs for the winter and will need to begin working towards the spring.

I can't seem to post PDFs here on UU, so I would love it if I could e-mail some songs to a few folks to review and to suggest improvements/changes with chords (in some cases, we won't agree, but the feedback will be worth it). I have various resources to work from (e.g. I could photocopy), but there are usually (many) changes I would (do) make to arrangements as I want to hear specific chords in a progression, etc.

Some of the songs aren't in the public domain and have not been licensed with Harry Fox, etc., which is even more reason not to post them here. Others are long standing traditional holiday songs.

If you are willing to help, drop me a DM with your e-mail and I'll send some charts to you (in PDF) to look at and work with.

I'm not sure I'd be qualified to help, but for something like this that was done in the past, many folks put the PDF files on DropBox, Google Drive or Box.net, but if the music is encumbered by copyright, and the link for downloading gets shared far and wide, you may get into a pickle when the lawyers start calling...

Best of luck with the project...

Top Bottom