Strings for KoAloha Concert?

Good to know, Larry. I have Living Waters on my Opio, but will likely restring next time with Martin's. My secondhand Mainland came with Martins and sounds awesome, and of course, they are on the OXK.

The other thing I like about the Martin strings is they are the only fluorocarbon uke strings available at my local Guitar Center. (They do carry Aquila, but I'm not a fan.)

Ive tried a lot of different string sets on my KoAloha concert and keep going back to the Fremont Blacklines. It's a sweet matchup.

i agree with matt. concert is closer to worth CL then CMs. if you like the light tension of the original then buy cl or from the factory. buy worth cm and other brand if you want higher tension. buy living water and fremonts if you want a fatter thicker string gauge.

Thought I'd throw my tuppence worth in. I string mine with Worth CLs. I found they are closer to the original strings than CMs. They're easier on the fingers too and produce a lovely sound.

Thought I'd throw my tuppence worth in. I string mine with Worth CLs. I found they are closer to the original strings than CMs. They're easier on the fingers too and produce a lovely sound.

i agree with matt. concert is closer to worth CL then CMs. if you like the light tension of the original then buy cl or from the factory. buy worth cm and other brand if you want higher tension. buy living water and fremonts if you want a fatter thicker string gauge.

My KoAloha pineapple l/n and KoAlana sapele concert both prefer Worth CL. They feel and sound like the factory strings.

I really like Worth browns on mine. Makes that big huge sound warmer and more complex...

Top Bottom