Notes lower then C

padlin

Reaction score
Hi folks

Picked up "The Daily Ukulele" song book, ran into a couple songs that use the A and B note that are just under what I'll call middle C. As the lowest my high G uke has is the bare C string (middle C), what do I do for these? Is this the reason, or a reason for going to a low G?

Forget it, used the Google search someone posted in another thread to find the answer/s to my question.

Last edited:
The Daily Ukulele books are mainly written for strummers, all the chords are playable on a standard C tuned uke.
However, a lot of the melody/lyrics do go well below middle C, if you were thinking of picking.
(Most can be played with a low G.)
They can of course be transcribed for picking, which is what I used to do, :)

What if you don't tune to a Low G? How do you pick the alternative notes to play? Is there some sort of a system or pattern that points you which alternatives are the best choices?

Talking melody lines - there is one that goes down to a low E - the easiest solution for that one is just to octave shift it.
That is, play it an octave higher, which may or may not sound right.
Otherwise, you transcribe it - take a look for the lowest note in the melody, & transcribe it to your lowest note on your uke, & go from there.
If it is 5 semitones up, just shift every note up by 5 semitones.
I usually use a fretboard map to do the transpositions & write out tab from it.
There are some websites that can do transposing, but I've never used them.

Not technically adept at music theory, but I think I understand what you mean. You basically answered an earlier thread I posted. Thanks!

Thanks Keith, I'm not crazy about the low G sound on the Luna, I'll give transposing a shot and see how it works out.

Top Bottom