Anyone Tried Thomastik-Infeld for Baritone (Linear G)?

Appreciate this an old thread but i thought Booli or another member might be able to help , i really like the Tomastik-Infeld low G and C strings and i've currently paired them with Fremont Blackline which i sort of like so i was wondering what other make of strings would go nice with the Tomastik-Infeld i am using them on a Godin Multiuke , if anybody knows what is it Chuck Moore uses possibly ?
Thanks Dave
(Just realised this a thread for Baritone sorry)

Last edited:
Appreciate this an old thread but i thought Booli or another member might be able to help , i really like the Tomastik-Infeld low G and C strings and i've currently paired them with Fremont Blackline which i sort of like so i was wondering what other make of strings would go nice with the Tomastik-Infeld i am using them on a Godin Multiuke , if anybody knows what is it Chuck Moore uses possibly ?
Thanks Dave

Regarding tenors, at one time Chuck use to pair them with Oasis warm. He has his own set now, not sure what they are. I have paired them with Oasis warm and bright and with Worth CT, that it what is on my Kinnard at the moment. They seem to go well with any floro string of your choice.

Thanks DownUpDave i might give the Worth's a try that's one make of strings i've yet to try.

Thanks Dave

For Tenor I like TI CF30/CF27 with Savarez 542R/541R

Last edited:
Thanks Dave

It seems to me that most folks are taking their favorite standard re-entrant string set, and then pairing the E and A strings from that set, with the G and C strings from the Thomastik CF30 and CF27 respectively.

At least, that is what I've always done, and never had any problems.

If YOU like the Fremont Blacklines already, then why not keep using them with the Thomastik chrome flatwounds? :)

Thanks Booli yes i might just stick with the Fremont's but it's nice to have some options up my sleeve.

Thanks Mezcalero for the suggestion , i found a German site that sells them might try them after the Fremont's i'm currently using.
Mezcalero can i ask you to look at this thread it doesn't seem to relate to the A string so i'm a bit confused as to which string to use as the 1st A string .

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...Pearse-Ukulele-Weissenborn%AE-Soprano-Strings

The Savarez strings are part of a set for Classical guitar, but can also be bought as single or set of the 3 trebles (maybe best value) Being designed for longer scale, when used on tenor scale length, to get proper tension, the B string is tuned up to E, and the E string is tuned up to A.

Top Bottom