Olympics

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
Well, is everyone enjoying the Olympics? We thought it wasn't gonna be first rate because the news people said that it was being done on the cheap. We were prepared to see one that wasn't up to snuff, but we've watched a lot and really enjoyed it. The facilities seemed to be done well, though the water that they showed on TV was gross and the housing had big problems. But the "news" is pretty much worthless. I guess we mostly watch it outta habit.

Anyway, we've really been enjoying it. It sure beats the junk and reruns that are usually on.
:eek:ld:

Apparently, Brazil is a nice place to do sports, but one must watch his/her wallet and stay away from open water. :eek:ld:

I've recorded just about all the broadcasts on my DVR. I can honestly say I've watched every minute that's been on the air on all the stations, though mostly at 4x fast forward just to get past all the fluff and glut of commercials. They certainly make it look good, the facilities seem nicely done. I haven't watched the news since the political party conventions, way too much BS for me to stand.

I've recorded just about all the broadcasts on my DVR. I can honestly say I've watched every minute that's been on the air on all the stations, though mostly at 4x fast forward just to get past all the fluff and glut of commercials. They certainly make it look good, the facilities seem nicely done. I haven't watched the news since the political party conventions, way too much BS for me to stand.

Yeah, I couldn't agree more about all of it. :eek:ld:

I must confess that I've not watched one single minute of it.

I've played more disc golf in the last month than I have in the entire rest of my life combined, though. I'm like the Hussein Bolt of disc golf!

Well, I finally got bored with the Olympics--too many heats, too many sports that I don't care about--volleyball, badminton, field hockey, basketball, water polo, diving and on and on. We haven't been watching as much lately, and we're beginning to miss our regular programs.

I guess it just goes on too long without continuous interest. :eek:ld:

What are the chances of Tokyo Olympics 2020 going to happen on time?

Nil - zero - zilch - nada

John Colter

Canada and Australia have already said they're not participating. I'm expecting Japan to cancel no later than early April, maybe sooner as more countries pull out.

Canada and Australia have already said they're not participating. I'm expecting Japan to cancel no later than early April, maybe sooner as more countries pull out.

The U.K. is just about to be ‘shut down’ and many other countries are ahead of us (the rest will follow in time) so there will be and has been little chance for competitors to finish their preparations. In terms of re-spreading the virus gathering people from all over the Globe together makes zero sense and international air travel is heavily responsible for the spread of this virus too.

Personally I’m rather annoyed at the stupidity and selfishness of others who, despite well qualified advice not to, have continued to socially gather together so providing multiple pathways for the spread of infection. IMHO Japan and the IOC should have acted long ago and simply put the Olympics back a year or two, it’s a unpalatable decision but that’s life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom