A song.

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Song title must start with A.
Song must be performed in the key of A or Am.
Song must be less than 3 minutes long.
Song must be newly recorded for this contest.

There are lots of musts there.
There will be a ridiculously inexpensive and trivial prize.

Contest ends 10am, 24th August, Sydney Australia time (2 weeks).

Sheesh got my dates wrong Contest ends 10am 28th August, Sydney Australia time.
If you look at the post date that is actually 2 weeks.

A song playlist

Last edited:
Anything Goes!

Never one to abide by the rules, I interpreted them as, well basically, "Anything Goes"!

I did cheat a little by de-tuning my ukulele to GbBEbAb so it's in the key of A rather than Bb.

Never one to abide by the rules, I interpreted them as, well basically, "Anything Goes"!

I did cheat a little by de-tuning my ukulele to GbBEbAb so it's in the key of A rather than Bb.

You do this kind of music so well Jim! Chord work handled very well and terrific vocals.
Thanks so much for being the first to bring A song along.

Haha! nice play on words for all those musts ;-)

Comments are disabled on YT so Im gonna say it here. That was fun and smart! Tuning down to A isn't cheating in my book!
You have a way with the old tunes.

I forgot to mention that we had a huge hail storm here in the mountains. The temp was 54 degrees. It was so loud you would not have heard me singing. I found sometime to record outside just after that storm stopped and another started. You can hear the rain start up at the end of my song.

Billy Bragg's take on a rather well known song, the first thing I could find which a) obeyed the rules, and b) I could play.

Your picking style is just fabulous and great for the song. I'm just so grateful to live in a place and age where I don't experience the kinds of hardships these songs portray.

Thank You Jim. I must move to the UK ;)

Top Bottom