A song.

Sorry pa, I'm not gonna make it. Life gets in the way. And this song just won't let itself get written. :) Hopefully, I will get it done at some point.

I have one I am going to record when I get home from work. Forgot about that pesky date line. I will be a couple of hours late. I was going to do it last night but ended up going to hear Benny Chong play some jazz ukulele, that is a good excuse, isn't it? :D

Sorry pa, I'm not gonna make it. Life gets in the way. And this song just won't let itself get written. :) Hopefully, I will get it done at some point.
That's disappointing.
I have one I am going to record when I get home from work. Forgot about that pesky date line. I will be a couple of hours late. I was going to do it last night but ended up going to hear Benny Chong play some jazz ukulele, that is a good excuse, isn't it? :D
Sure hope to see something from you!

Ha! Later still! But it is still the 24th in Alaska too. I just got home and saw a couple late entries for your contest (which I honestly just forgot all about). So I sat down and recorded one of my favorite songs.

Don't know what happened with my dates but I really did intend this "contest" to run for 2 full weeks which means it ends on Sunday 28th August at 10am Sydney time.

Have enjoyed all the entries so far.
The prize will be a small pewter platypus hat/lapel pin made in Tasmania.

I'm always confused about everything... so - I hope this works & is on time! (To proved the state of my Constant Confusion - I thought this song was about Abilene, Texas... but now have learned songwriter Bob Gibson said it's about Abilene, Kansas.... and he should know!)

Last edited:
Don't know what happened with my dates but I really did intend this "contest" to run for 2 full weeks which means it ends on Sunday 28th August at 10am Sydney time.

Have enjoyed all the entries so far.
The prize will be a small pewter platypus hat/lapel pin made in Tasmania.

Looks like your in with time to spare......:)

Agua de Beber

Agua de Beber in A minor. The 1965 version by Astrud Gilberto was also recorded in A minor.

Are You Ready?

I've been fighting technology all week, but I think I made it under the wire... ?

This song is a bit of experimental songwriting. I tried to make lyrics that were all common phrases that start with "Are you.." Although unintentional, musically I think it shares a lot of DNA with a certain song by Pink Floyd... :)

Thanks for contest... and the timely "finish" video, pabrizzer! (I expect you'll be very busy with C, F & G!)

Top Bottom