Song Help Request Anybody know what this tune is?

I'm sure i've heard it recently but can't think right now. Anyway it seems very familiar. I could even have it on my ipod. If i figure it out, I'll let you know.

The melody reminds me of something on one of Jake Shimabukuro's earlier albums, but I cant pin down the song from memory.

I will give a listen to them and report back.

Also, seems like quite a few folks are looking at banggood.com (as per the end-credits in that video), which up until a few weeks go has not been mentioned here on UU before, is this a new site, or are we getting new members from a part of the world where this site is popular? Interesting...:)

hmm well i was way off and I think that might be because some of this piece is in some pop song because I am certain I haven't heard this on uke before.

Thanks for the help; you're all great. It does seem the demo is a simplified segment of Jake's tune.

Booli, the source was coincidental as I was searching on YouTube. But I've bought quite a lot of stuff from Banggood, mostly electronic components and quadcopters. They stand up to their name, everything arrived banged up good (not sure if this was in shipping or whether they hand bang each order before shipping?) so I'd be hesitant to buy a delicate instrument from them!

I got the first bit down: G, D, (with open A string and G on the E string where required) and what I think is a Csus2 variation (0035). It sounds very pretty. I'll persist with this before tackling the Shimabukuro piece.

Interesting he does Jake's tune in 3/4.

Yes, you could call it a swing. I'd say a lilt. I suppose I like it, but I think the best thing the original has going for it is the feel. This one doesn't have that. It would be very interesting to hear what Jake could do with it in 3/4.

Top Bottom