Strings for Mya Moe - Recommendations ?

bman40

Reaction score
Picked up my Mya Moe Tenor last week - AWESOME! MM strings with Worth Clear strings as their 'stock string'.

My tenor has a port orford cedar top.

What alternative strings do folks use on their Mya Moe uses?

I have had good experience with Worth Brown and Fremont Backlines on other tenor and concert uses.

Any suggestions would help.

Last edited:
On my Mya moe tenor I have tried:

Oasis bright hi g
Oasis warm hi g
Oasis bright with Fremont soloist low g
Southcoast HML-RW low g wound basses
Southcoast lili'u set

And out of all of that, none beats stock worth clears to my ears. I definitely think the MM tenors sound better hi g and the worth clears have a sweet full tone on them. Enjoy!

Oasis bright hi g
Oasis warm hi g
Southcoast lili'u set

And out of all of that, none beats stock worth clears to my ears. I definitely think the MM tenors sound better hi g and the worth clears have a sweet full tone on them. Enjoy!

Yes yes and yes. I had also tried Fremont blacklines and they were ok, but Worth Clears rule the day

For bright: Fremont Soloist with PHD 1 - 3
For Mellow: Fremont Soloist with Living Waters 1 - 3
For High G: Southcoast Mediums

Oasis bright hi g
Oasis warm hi g
Southcoast lili'u set

Yes yes and yes. I had also tried Fremont blacklines and they were ok, but Worth Clears rule the day

On my favourite MM Uke, a Koa and Sitka cut away, I mostly used the Worth re-entrant set. I did put a Savarez wound 3rd on it also and I quite liked that mix.

These are my go to strings: http://www.daddario.com/DADProductD...EJ65T_Pro_Art__Custom_Extruded_Ukulele__Tenor
fluorocarbon-strings-4-options.html[/url]
Don't want to drift the thread, but just saw this as a good opportunity to ask... I've only tried those strings on a uke for one day and I loved the neutral tone they had, but the texture of the strings gave me too much string noise for my taste. Just wondering, does this get better after the strings have been played for a little while? Thinking I may have given up too early on them..

Thanks in advance,
Max

Don't want to drift the thread, but just saw this as a good opportunity to ask... I've only tried those strings on a uke for one day and I loved the neutral tone they had, but the texture of the strings gave me too much string noise for my taste. Just wondering, does this get better after the strings have been played for a little while? Thinking I may have given up too early on them..

Thanks in advance,
Max

Hmmm, I have not experienced what you have experienced.

Hmmm, I have not experienced what you have experienced.
Ok, thanks anyways. I think I'm a bit overly sensitive to string noise, but these strings seemed to have more of it than any other I've tried. I'll probably try them again, but perhaps on a louder uke next time.

Cheers,
Max

Top Bottom