New to Ukulele Underground and new to the Ukulele

Trobuke

Reaction score
Hello. My user name, Trobuke is a combination of my nickname, T-Rob, and uke. I am new to Ukulele Underground and new to the Ukulele. I have been self-teaching (thanks to YouTube) and know some basic chords and songs. I recently signed up for ukulele lessons and am being introduced to music theory. I joined this forum in hopes of learning from more advanced players. I mostly play a 4-string Lanikai Concert (monkeypod) w/pickup. I also own an 8-string Alulu Tenor (Koa), and two plastic soprano-sized ukuleles: a vintage Macceferri (collection piece) and a clear Kala Waterman (for playing on the boat). The Waterman is cool for playing outdoors, but the sound is poor. I think the action is too high and would love suggestions. I can tune it, but the chords are off. I look forward to reading your posts and meeting you.

Welcome to the forum, Trobuke.

Many of us here (including me) like the Outdoor Ukuleles for playing outside. They have soprano and tenor sizes.

Welcome to the UU.

I think you're going to like it here.

Enjoy the ride.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the UU forum, Rob!

My experience with the Kala Waterman is similar to yours and I regretted the purchase in spite of how little it cost. It just felt like a complete waste to me. I recall seeing a thread where someone lowered the action, so looking around a bit might yield results.

How do you use your 8-string uke?

Top Bottom