Seaso 238 : Sharknado Time!

Ginas uke

Reaction score
Greetings,

It's Sharknado Time! Posting early as I am heading out for Holiday Weekend. Here's the rules:

Usual start and end times apply

Your music is your art - so do as you wish with multi-tracking (or not), Video production (or not), other instruments with your uke (or not)...well you get the idea. You don't have to ask, if you feel it - do it.

***CHANGE - POST AWAY - as many as you want. Feeling brave my friends****

Here is the fun part -

Any song about weather patterns apply - I won't name them all but wind, rain, thunder, snow, fog, dew, stormy, lightening, clouds, etc, et

Any song about sharks or other "bad fish"

Any song by a band with weather in their name. Examples : Foghat, Earth, Wind and Fire, and I am sure there are many more.

Any song that you think is relevant to Sharknado movie - yes I know - it's a bad movie but that makes it good!!

Only your first two entries apply - however you can enter more if you wish. My video said only two entries, but that means I only count the first two I receive, and others possibly might not be on the playlist, depending on how much time I have.

I will comment in You Tube on your vids, at least on your first two for sure.

I have prizes - watch my vid :). I plan to select the winners based on what I like. What is that? I cannot say but will know when I see/hear it.

Have fun!

Ciao

Playlist is attached

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnSrBhx7N7Htfi2suSCkb-h44yW7uFHFK

Last edited:
sharknado-238.jpg

Greetings!

Cool stuff....sharks, I get it. I forgot to mention to everyone that even good weather patterns apply (sunny, clear day, etc). No need to ask folks, fun is the key word.

Ciao

Last weekend we had some weather... a storm called Raili hit Finland
There is a saying in Finland "The Southwesterly wind is the broom of heaven"
Well it took the top off a tree and it crashed on the roof of a cabin at the summerhouse.
Took us the whole morning to get it off the roof. Luckily there was only slight damage.

Great theme!

I have been to busy to learn something lately, but since I have practiced several songs about the weather since I picked up ukulele playing, I can probably make a new recording of something :)

The shark thing is trickier, I can only think of one song that mentions sharks...

Great video - love it. And I found an out-of-the-way song that just might fit.

Oh. Boy!!! :)

Oh yay! One of the songs that I was thinking about for '80s week fits your theme as well! That gives me a bit of extra time.

Gina, this is not a submission for the season.

SurlyMac and I collaborated on this a bit ago. He wrote the music and plays all instruments. I wrote the lyrics and contributed the vocal. (Copyright 2016 - Opyr-Thomas).

Given the storm coming up the coast and given your fabulous theme, I thought I'd post it. Hope that's ok!

Special thanks to SurlyMac, as his music was the original heart of the song. And here's the link to the post on his tube channel:

https://youtu.be/TOXNo8oWfME?list=PLGoYd7qUIo5Z_al-GMXygAMwScynSEDoP

Last edited:

Woke up during night to urinate. "Oh, look, it's after midnight Hawaii time. I can post video now."

This is a Split Enz song.

It's the Threepenny Opera Jim, but not as we know it :)
I have done this song a couple of times but not in this style
and it does mention sharks. It is almost unrecognisable.

Awesome theme, Gina!

"Rhythm of the Rain," by the Cascades, on my brand new Ohana Concert Pineapple. I REALLY like this ukulele.

Useless trivia: The Cascades appeared in the very silly Tommy Kirk beach movie Catalina Caper, which was spoofed by Mystery Science Theater 3000. They did not play Rhythm. They played other songs no one ever heard again. A very high Little Richard also did a couple of songs. The movie was awful; the MST3K riffs were wonderful, including a song by [argh!!] Tom Servo, called "Creepy Girl," which is on the UkuleleBoogaloo.com website, should you want to learn it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom