Pete Howlett compression curl tenor

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Review by 3 great Hawaiian musicians of the instrument accompanying my travels. Both Bryan and Corey were fighting over it...mwood supplied by my excellent friend Bob Gleason of Pegasus Guitars :) It was a challenge to work and what a surprising sound.

Congrats on the great feedback.

are you giving the uke to Andrew to sell?

What a wonderful sounding and looking 'ukulele. And it'd be hard to find a better qualified jury. Well done Mr. Howlett!

I was fortunate enough to hear Kimo Hussey play this ukulele this morning. What a treat that was. I also got to play it a bit myself. Aside from being very beautiful, it is comfortable to hold and has a very clean, clear tone. I really liked the shape as well, the narrow depth appealed to me and sort of reminded me of a semi-hollow body Gibson guitar. Easy on the eyes and ears!

Outstanding work Pete!

Thanks for you kind comments - I'll be posting and edit of Kimo's review. I am sure there there are equally fine builds out there - I played them at the Kitakis store. My recommendation would be to get in touch with Andrew to see what he has :)

Thanks for you kind comments - I'll be posting and edit of Kimo's review. I am sure there there are equally fine builds out there - I played them at the Kitakis store. My recommendation would be to get in touch with Andrew to see what he has :)

haha Pete...I have been to the Kitakis store(The Ukulele Site) many times i was just wondering if you are going to be sending your ukes to him in the future..he does have the nicest ukes from around the World there....Aaron,Noa,Jake,I'ivi and Chuck are a few of the custom makers that send their ukes to him .....

I enjoyed it, too. BlingBling has such a beautiful, sweet sound!

Top Bottom