Pete meets Kikani!

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
If you want a brutally honest insight into why I am in your face when it comes to questions about building you will find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/petehowlettukuleleclub/

In fact you will find a lot of stuff here so join my club. There are posts on meetings with other makers and a journal of my travels. I am learning so much from my peers. Thanks everyone!

I'm not getting into details here so as to not ruin Pete's online persona. If you want to see the real Pete, which for the most part he's always "real" per se, gotta check out the vid he took in my shop (link above).

For those that have never seen a Pete Howlett instrument, yes, you ARE missing out. If you've never played or heard one, then you still have an item on your bucket list.

I was fortunate enough to meet his wife as well.

Note: I'm waiting to see the product of the self-centering doweling jig. Beau, this might take a while, but know you it may be good to see as well.

I'm not getting into details here so as to not ruin Pete's online persona. If you want to see the real Pete, which for the most part he's always "real" per se, gotta check out the vid he took in my shop (link above).

For those that have never seen a Pete Howlett instrument, yes, you ARE missing out. If you've never played or heard one, then you still have an item on your bucket list.

I was fortunate enough to meet his wife as well.

Note: I'm waiting to see the product of the self-centering doweling jig. Beau, this might take a while, but know you it may be good to see as well.

Thxs Aaron...sounds like he and Rick Turner the same...remember how Rick used to get so much hate here on the UU.....I met him and he is a super nice guy...and he knows what he talking about...50 years experience and counting.....I missed Pete this week..was not around when he came by...I guess he will be hanging with Chuck next week.....

I hope to have a uke here for when he visits me!!!!- i make em and ship em out, i never have any around!

I got a chuckle out of that. It's great that Pete and Helen have been so welcomed by the ohana on the Ukulele Mothership!

I enjoyed the video. BlingBling is absolutely gorgeous! I have to stop looking, though. It's making me covet!!

Blessings to you, Pete as you continue your work.

If you want a brutally honest insight into why I am in your face when it comes to questions about building you will find it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/petehowlettukuleleclub/

In fact you will find a lot of stuff here so join my club. There are posts on meetings with other makers and a journal of my travels. I am learning so much from my peers. Thanks everyone!

Sir, I watched the podcast interview with the HMS chaps and you totally "blew me away". Aside from the amazing instrument you crafted, your passion and determination to pass on your craftsmanship brought tears (and laughter) to my eyes. Thank you!! I will be following you, and your travels, as you are truly a gem!!!!

Thxs Aaron...sounds like he and Rick Turner the same...remember how Rick used to get so much hate here on the UU.....I met him and he is a super nice guy...and he knows what he talking about...50 years experience and counting.....I missed Pete this week..was not around when he came by...I guess he will be hanging with Chuck next week.....
I miss Rick. We lost a WEALTH of knowledge when he left. I'm glad I'm not saying I miss Pete, which we were at one point.

Sad that, generally, the ones that appreciated Rick (and Pete) the most suffer the loss at the hands of unknowing others.

Pete, I appreciate you.

Top Bottom