Using an external stereo mic on an iPad

Cassie

Reaction score
How can I connect and external stereo mic to my iPad? My device only has a headphone jack so I can't plug it directly into it. Do I need to get a splitter or some other connector?

What is the microphone's jack-end like?

As for why third party Camera Connection Kits get bad reviews: They tend to not work with everything that the over-priced Apple CCK works, only with some devices. Much as it bites, I'd get the official one. There is one with power-pass-through now, too.

What is the microphone's jack-end like?

As for why third party Camera Connection Kits get bad reviews: They tend to not work with everything that the over-priced Apple CCK works, only with some devices. Much as it bites, I'd get the official one. There is one with power-pass-through now, too.

It is just a normal headphone jack. My iPad does not have a mic jack so I will have to figure out some way to split the Jack I guess you could call it. It is an iPad mini two.

Mine does not have three prongs, just one. That is a good idea though, I will probably look into something like that the next time I go to a place that sells stuff like that.

Top Bottom