Martin 5k reissue

Thank you sir, it's pretty exciting. Regretfully I'll be selling the John S. Kinnard if this Martin is what I am expecting. I simply can't afford or justify having both. I'm not sure if I should post it on this forum because I am so new although it would be hundreds less than eBay due to the fees involved.

I would post it here and on Flea Market Music first, both at no charge). If it doesn't sell, then go to ebay.

I sold my Kiwaya KMS-K a while back because I felt that I had too many Koa ukuleles. I sold it here for what I had paid for it. I was giving it a final inspection before shipping and sat down and played it. I instantly regretted the sale. A couple months ago the seller had it on ebay and I bought it back. It will not leave me again. It was easy to identify mine because Kiwayas typically have 2 piece top and back, but mine was one piece and it had very distinctive grain which I compared to some photos that I had taken. I guess the moral of the story is make good and sure that you want to let go before putting something up for sale. A reverse "saving up" plan might help, (basically pay yourself back after the fact). Sometimes it is just time to move on. Either way, I think that you will love the 5K.

I think the Martin will be awesome. I'll be making a decision about the Kinnard once the 5k arrives. I went with overnight shipping to cut down on the chances of it being damaged in transit. If I do sell the Kinnard it'll be for exactly what I paid for it. I have a brand new in the package Kinnard Ukes Tshirt and a new set of Worth strings as well :) Unfortunately, keeping both is not an option at this time.

Last edited:
I think the Martin will be awesome. I'll be making a decision about the Kinnard once the 5k arrives. I went with overnight shipping to cut down on the chances of it being damaged in transit. If I do sell the Kinnard it'll be for exactly what I paid for it. I have a brand new in the package Kinnard Ukes Tshirt and a new set of Worth strings as well :) Unfortunately, keeping both is not an option at this time.

Kinnards are very well-loved around here (I cherish both of mine!). But even so, expecting what you paid new for it is a tall order unless you're selling a Moore Bettah. ;-) I've sold over 30 instruments the last three years. More expensive instruments tend to require discounts of at least a few hundred bucks because often those who can afford them don't mind a tad more for something entirely new, even if it requires wait. Of course, I hope you get every last penny.

Oh no, I purchased it pre-owned in mint condition. To have a Ukulele built with the same features would be $3600 and a long wait. I paid and will be asking $2360 net to me. Mine is a 2015, sorry for the confusion.

It's this exact one. This is mine :)

https://vimeo.com/126596835

Last edited:
Hi Bill, I promised my wife it'd be one or the other. It's a Martin 5k reissue, the year it was made is 2014. Is that what you mean? You don't know how bad I'd like to have both..the Kinnard is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Hi Bill, I promised my wife it'd be one or the other. It's a Martin 5k reissue, the year it was made is 2014. Is that what you mean? You don't know how bad I'd like to have both..the Kinnard is a masterpiece.

It will be a tough choice! The Martin is a soprano, right? So your choice is between 2 great ukuleles, and also between tenor and soprano? Too bad you can't keep both!

Yes it will, it'll be here in less than an hour. One will have to go....unless I come in to some money between now and the next couple weeks. Wishful thinking

Thanks, that's my poodle Shay, she has to be where I am at all times when I'm home. If I'm sitting on the couch and don't pick her up, she'll sit on my foot. Very clingy

Well, my John S Kinnard tenor will be in the sale thread in a day or two. I love them both but the Martin I will keep. Its what I initially wanted, but was never able to find pre-owned. The Kinnard will make someone very happy, it's beautiful and equally as hard to find pre-owned.

Top Bottom