Japan or Thailand

Michael Smith

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good music or ukulele speciific stores in Japan or Thailand? I would like to find a good store to approach about carrying some of my ukuleles. Has anyone dealt with the folks at Ukulele Mania in Tokyo?

I'd ask the same question in Uke talk :), likely to get more replies there.

Does anyone know of any good music or ukulele speciific stores in Japan or Thailand? I would like to find a good store to approach about carrying some of my ukuleles. Has anyone dealt with the folks at Ukulele Mania in Tokyo?
Yes I've sort of had dealings with Ukulele Mania..They bought some of my ukes from off Ebay and put them up for sale in the shop at twice the price that they went for..The boss contacted me via e-mail to see if I was interested in dealing direct. ..but I'm retired and I don't want to get involved with any of that stuff ..I like a quiet life and only doing work if and when I feel like it :eek:ld:

Yes Mike, Ukulele Mania purchased a Martin 3M from me earlier this year. It was a smooth transaction all around. Talk to you soon. Dave

Last edited:
I know Ukulele Mania. It's effectively my local store as it's about the biggest in Tokyo. Ukulele Planet in Ochanomizu is also quite big. Most of the market here is strongly geared towards emulating the Hawaiian sound, so the majority of good ukes are koa, with the hawaiian tone.

Top Bottom