Loved the LA Ukefest!

Charley

Reaction score
Thanks to Mitch Chang and the others who put this event together. From Sarah Maisel's jazz workshop, to Abe Lagrimas' chord melody workshop, to Sarah & Craig's show, Victoria Vox, Abraham Lagrimas et al, and finally James Hill, who in my opinion has skills that surpass Jake (let the tomato-throwing begin).

It was a great way to spend a Saturday, and well worth the admission price and the 8 blocks I had to drive. I'd do it again!

Agreed. The concerts, the vendors and the workshops (I really enjoyed the Bossa Nova for Uke) as well as the entire vibe of the event (good weather and the shaved ice was a plus) made the 40 min drive worth it. I too would do it again. The LA Guitar Fest that Mitch puts on is also fabulous and one of these days I will get to the Flamenco Fest that he puts on. Keep it up Mitch we all appreciate it!!!

I ended up missing it, but gifted my ticket to someone else. Our group leader, Cali Rose, performed there and reported to us how nice it was at rehearsal Monday. (My twin brother was given tickets to the Dodger Stadium tour for Vin Scully weekend, it was great and because of the game and events that day, we were able to see a number of players and celebrities coming in, including Alanna Rizzo (crush). Did not get to see Vin, but did see his booth.)

Mitch hit it out of the park.
I attended last year (which was awesome as well), and this one was even better. The line up of talent was amazing; Andrew Molina, Victoria Vox, Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel, and the headliners...James Hill and Anne Janelle. I was one of the lucky few that got into James Hill's workshop, and I can't say enough about how skillful a teacher he is.

Mitch tried some new things this year as well like a Q&A with a panel of the artists where they discussed various free form topics like music writing, practice techniques, and even fingernail maintenance.

I'm already anxious for next year.

Thanks very much Mitch, it was amazing!

-Dan-

It was another great uke fest, thanks Mitch! We were busy at our booth all day, and getting to see James Hill perform again was really great. Isn't this the first time he has played in Southern California? He is my favorite ukulele performer. Great line up of performers. The shave ice truck was great! Lots of young volunteers helped us set up and tear down our booth...very thoughtful. If I hadn't been working I would have done a few workshops, including the hula one, and maybe one of those free ukulele bass lessons in the Ohana booth.

–Lori

A warm & heartfelt "MAHALO" to all the artists, attendees, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers at the 2016 Los Angeles Int'l Ukulele Festival: I can't thank you enough for all your support. Check out some images and video on the festival Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/laukulelefestival/, here http://www.ukulelemag.com/stories/news/fun-at-the-los-angeles-international-ukulele-festival and on Craig Chee's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/keyofchee/

Set your calendars for next year's festival and plan your travel accordingly - Sept 30, 2017, tickets on sale in March!

Be sure to join the email list at the website www.losangelesukulelefestival.com - thanks again everyone!

Top Bottom