DIY Project to reign in that Uke

Hamcrusher

Reaction score
Sort of detroit and sort of wilmington, nc
Well, I've remade my Uke strap. Yes, it's along the same idea as the UkeLeash but... what can I say. I'm a "do it yourself" kind of guy. I've made some of my own adaptions as well. And I like too sew. Don't judge me... I build Victorian doll houses too…

The green web strapping and plastic clips I stole from the wifes gym bag. The decorative trim I got from a fabric store for 4 bucks and it runs on both sides of the strap. The leather piece and heavy bronze colored D ring I stole from one of my wifes purses.
She will be very upset when she finds out...

The first 2 pics are of the head stock. The strap that wraps to the back of the head stock is thick so what it does is ride right up to the 2nd and 3rd strings without pressing. Being thick it allows for the woven frog clasp to ride over the 2nd and 3rd strings with no interference.

The last two pics are:

Pic 4 - Detail of the strap I made showing both sides having the trim feature… Pretty cool me thinks...

Pic 5 - Shows the piece of stolen leather used to form the shoulder strap into the proper shape so it's more comfortable without rolling. Looks better too... You can’t see it but the inner top of the strap that rides over the shoulder is done in the soft side velco for additional comfort.

Following link has the pics. Ran out of storage space on this site so I've posted the pics in order on my website. No, I’m not pumping my website. It’s a hidden page the website and no ads.

http://www.brotherhoodofreformedfelons.com/uke.html

Very inventive.

Top Bottom