New cases from Oahu case company

I got the tweed tenor case and it is sweet! I love the green interior. It also came with an insert if your tenor has a little smaller body so that it fits nice and snug. The insert works great for my Kala, remove it and its a perfect fit for my Kamaka.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
These are really good cases for the money, even with the $25 or so shipping to the mainland. This year, I've replaced all but one of my Kamaka cases with the Oahu cases - I've got both the black and the tweed. They're so much better than the offerings I've seen locally, mainly because the latches are designed to actually stay closed.

I'm not sure what they're called, but average uke cases have a latch that only goes one way and in my experience is prone to popping open:

1_10_38__00590.1395919696.500.750.jpg

But the Oahu cases have a latch that goes two ways and actually stays shut:

Oahu-Hardshell-Case-4.jpg

In case anybody needed some extra convincing to try one :)

Just adding to the positive reviews for these Oahu cases. Bought the tweed for my Larrivee concert. It fits very snug and secure. As others have mentioned, it comes with a nicely made insert for a smaller uke body. The Larrivee doesn't need the extra padding. For reference, the dimensions of my concert are:

Lower bout: 8"
Upper bout: 5.82"
Body depth: 2.45"
Overall length: 22.5"

As others have mentioned, the hardware is great. Very sturdy latches, easy to operate. The padded faux-leather handle is comfortable to hold. I'm extremely pleased with this case.

Top Bottom