Season 244 - The Greatest Song Ever!

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

Season 244: The Greatest Song Ever!

We all have favorite songs, songs that we consider the “greatest song ever.” That’s what I want to hear this week – the song that you consider to be the greatest song ever written.

It does not necessarily have to be the song that you can play or sing the best. As a matter of fact, it could very well be a song that you struggle with and have never been able to do it justice, in your mind. That’s okay. I just want to hear what you think is the best song ever written.

Can it be a song that you wrote yourself? Of course! There’s nothing wrong with being proud of your work. It can be classical, country, rock, folk, electronic, psychedelic, or anything else.

Can you possibly have more than one favorite; can you have more than one song you consider the greatest song of all time? You bet! If you’d ask me, I could certainly list a more than one song I consider to be the best song ever.

Just make sure that it’s a song you truly love. That’s what I want to hear.
Here are the rules:

• The ukulele must be prominent, but multi tracking, collaborations, and additional instruments are allowed.
  • The contest begins midnight Sunday Hawaii time – that would be 6:00am Sunday New York time.
  • The contest runs eight days, through next week Sunday.
  • Songs must be newly-recorded for this Season. Write or say “Season 244” in your video.

There will be two prizes for this Season, both of them are Amazon gift cards, so that there shouldn’t be any constraints for our international Seasonistas.

The first prize goes to whichever entry I love the most, by whatever criterion I happen to use. I’ll try to justify my choice in the Wrap-Up. I’ll be delighted to discover great new songs, and to revisit great, familiar songs!

The next prize is just for fun. The prize will go to the first person who can list, in order, all sixty-five songwriters that are scrolling past me. List your answers in this thread.

Have fun, and good luck!

Playlist

Last edited:
I know which songs I'm doing!

Can anyone help me transcribe some fingerstyle solos?

My favorite song is "Supper's Ready" which is about 24 minutes long, so I'm not doing that one.

I know which songs I'm doing!

Can anyone help me transcribe some fingerstyle solos?

If they're not too hard, I'm happy to try. PM me with details. (I'm not very good, but I've been trying a bit lately - see the last song)

Oh Randy! What a super theme. I have a handful of Best songs ever just as i have a handful of best friends. I do not say Greatest songs because many of the best songs I like haver never been great as perceived by the listening public, but I know what you mean. I just put this one out a couple of seasons ago It is the Greatest! It should give you'all something to listen to till midnight. It is not of course part of the contest.

Yay! This is going to be great!

I love the frame YouTube chose for the thumbnail of your intro video as IMHO, the greatest song of all time is definitely sung by either Woody Guthrie, Taylor Swift or... who's that guy in the middle? Ah yes.. Herman Cain...

I love his rendition of Nine Nine Nine.

You'd better do drums as well!

A friend recently posted some song lyrics on Facebook and proclaimed "This is the BEST SONG EVER!" Coincidentally, it is also the song I would have done for season 241 if I hadn't been too busy. I suppose I'd better do that one.

P.S. I have no hope of naming all of those musicians!

This will be the hardest week ever...hope a redo is OK. I have done 600 of my favorite songs and like three I really detest ;)

Title fixed. Have fun. :)

This will be the hardest week ever...hope a redo is OK. I have done 600 of my favorite songs and like three I really detest ;)

For me, it's going to be something like "Greatest song I haven't already done that I can learn in the available time."

Re-dos are absolutely okay! I imagine that all of us have submitted a favorite or three in the past!

Gosh, Randy ... you're not asking much! I think this might be the most challenging week ever. I can't even begin to think what I consider to be the greatest song ever!

Ok. I know one to be incorrect so if you know that guy you can use the rest to beat me.

Paul Simon
Bob Dylan
Stevie Wonder
Nilsson
Carol King
George Cohen
Cole Porter
Marc Bolan
Leonard Cohen
Fats Waller
Moby
Duke Ellington