Season 245; "A Time Of Change"

My second and final offering for this Season. I think this wonderful song by Joni Mitchell encapsulates the notion that there is a Season to all things, and the nature of it all is that all things must pass. "And the seasons they go round and round, and the painted ponies go up and down, we're captive on a carousel of time - we can't return, we can only look behind from where we came, and go round and round and round in the circle game". Priceless.

Running out of time for this week again, and had a few I wanted to do before this one, but opted for the easiest one to make sure I got an entry in.
This one does highlight Change over Time.

More comments

wee_ginga_yin: Treaty. Continuing the Leonard Cohen Fest. I'm not sure what to make of this one. Not your interpretation so much as the song itself.

JackLuis: Tennesee Waltz. Very nicely played. I'm glad you were able to get something done in the end. The uke has a great tone.

uke1950: Changes. I liked that. Spoken thoughts with lots of reverb and a simple strummed accompaniment.

elmann: Atuumn Leaves. A lovely relaxed performance and the bass was a great addition.

PlastikUke: Fresenhof. I liked that. It was good to have the subtitles, though.

Barefootgypsy: The Circle Game. Great to bring us some Joni Mitchell. Excellent, Lesley.

Rustyy: Old Chunk of Coal. It's good to have a lively, cheerful song as a contrast to some of the verrrry serious stuff. Nice one, Rustyy

Don't forget, if you not put in a video, there's still time - about 22 hours as of the time I post this.

When Ye Go Away - The Waterboys

Here is a quick one from the Waterboys' "Fisherman's Blues" album. This is a change song that fits perfectly with this time of year. I didn't have any luck recruiting a fiddle player to fill out the instrumental bits, but that's how it goes. The background footage was shot in a couple of mornings this past week as the leaves were at their peak color and the temperature was dropping...

Whew, a hectic week, and I'm happy that I can join this Season under the wire! I've had this song dancing in my head ever since Geoff announced the Season. It's good to get it out of there! Great Season Geoff, thanks!

I see there's a few late entries. I'll get round to them as soon as I can but I'm somewhat busy today.

It's now past midnight in Hawaii so season 245 is now over. My thanks to all who have submitted entries. There have been some fabulous songs including not a few original song which was great. Everyone who has submitted something has certainly done so in the spirit of the theme, so once again my thanks to all of you.

Catching up on the last few entries.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters: Can't Wait One Minute More. That really made me smile. Great lively song, Ralf.

Demimondaine: St. James Infirmary. Excellent. The simple downstrum is very effective here. Great choice for the week.

manfrog: When Ye Go Away. Terrific song and great performance. I liked the video too.

Harry122: My Back Pages. When you started singing I thought "this sounds a lot like Dylan" then after a bit it dawned on me "It Is Dylan". Great choice for this week, Randy and nicely done too.

Now on to S246. I've a lot on tomorrow but I'll try to get a wrap up done by the end of the week.

Top Bottom