FS: Kamaka 100th Anniversary HF-3 Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
!!!!!! SOLD!!!!!!

I am offering this Kamaka 100th Anniversary HF-3 Tenor Ukulele for sale. It was originally purchased from Mim. It is in pristine condition. I went over it in good lighting and could not find any noticeable marks on it. This is a great deal for someone who is considering getting one of the anniversary tenors. It cost $1400.00 new. I am asking $1120.00, shipped anywhere in the continental U.S.

As you can see in one of the attached photos, I have a baritone (HF-4), a long neck tenor (HF-3L), and this anniversary tenor (HF-3). I prefer the HF-3L with the 19" scale. For me it just feels the most comfortable, and has a deeper/fuller tone somewhere between the HF-3 and the HF-4. I prefer to use a strap, but have not mounted strap buttons on the anniversary model, because I thought it may lower value in the eyes of some. As a result, it just doesn't get played hardly at all. Mim set it up and to my taste it is perfect. The action is low and it is very easy to play. I have my eye on something else here in the UU marketplace, but I have decided from here forward, that in order to buy another ukulele, I have to sell equivalent value in my existing collection. I have bought 15 ukes in the last 10 weeks! It has to stop somewhere :)

I am new to the instrument and new to this site, but I have already purchased, traded and sold on here quite a bit in the last couple of months. I can provide references if there is serious interest. Please PM me and I can send better quality photos, references etc. by email.

Thanks for your consideration

IMG_5207.jpgIMG_5210.jpgIMG_5211.jpgIMG_5212.jpgIMG_5213.jpg

Last edited:
I also prefer the HF-3L but anyone wanting a great instrument this is the one.

Last edited:
Thanks Morris. Since I took it out of case to take photos I have been playing it a bit. It really is one of the easiest playing ukes I have ever had the pleasure to play. It makes me realize some of my other ukes need some adjustments.

Would you say that the thickness of the neck of the HF 3 and the HF 3L are the same?

Would you say that the thickness of the neck of the HF 3 and the HF 3L are the same?

I just spent some time comparing them visually and physically and I cannot discern any difference in the profile of the two necks. They are both very comfortable for my taste. I have Kanile'a and Pono tenors and the Kamaka neck seems to be somewhere in between those two both in depth and in nut width.

The primary physical difference between the HF-3 and HF-3L is the scale length, which translates into more space between the frets. I have trouble with some chord shapes on 17" scale. On the 19" scale, I have no problems with any of the shapes I have learned so far. The other difference is tone. It is subtle, but to my ears, using the same strings on these two instruments, the HF-3L has a richer/slightly deeper tone, and it is a tad bit louder.

Thanks for getting back to me. You have a nice selection of Ukes. I agree the HF 3 and HF3L is actually thinner than the Pono.

I own a HF3L and agree with you that it is richer/deeper fuller sounding. It is great for a Low G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom