Who else likes Oasis strings?

Just a heads up that elderly has the best price on oasis. They are $6.30 a pack, and $7 for a low g set. The smooth wounds are normally priced, but if you slap a Fremont soloist for low g, a pack of brights gets you two sets, the option of using the bright G string as a warm a string, all for about $6.
Thanks for the tip, that's really good to know

FYI: Having done hundreds of string changes across more than a dozen ukes in the past 3 yrs, searching for the sound I prefer to have on each different uke, I have found that (and YMMV :)):

1. Living Water TENOR, Oasis WARM, Fremont Blacklines TENOR, and Worth CT are in fact all the SAME gauge of strings, but all have a slightly different tone and slightly different feel under the fretting hand, tension is about equal [from one set to the next] when installed on TENOR scale uke...

2. MARTIN Fluoro strings are significantly DIFFERENT gauges than most all other strings

3. Living Water Concert, Soprano, Oasis BRIGHT, Worth CM and the new D'Addario EJ99SC fluoro are ALSO all the same gauges of strings and similarities and differences as per #1 apply here as well, as tested on concert AND ALSO tenor scale.

Having said all the above, I have used both the Oasis WARM and BRIGHT re-entrant string sets on various ukes and like them well enough, but my preference tends to drift more towards Martin fluoro or the D'Addario EJ99SC, but I would also be quite happy with the Oasis strings and like the fact that they are sold as a double-length set with enough for two sets when you cut them in half.

Last edited:
Hi Booli: Thanks for the comparison. I also like Oasis warms, and was thinking about trying the Martins. Based on your recommendation, I am going to buy a set of Martins.

All the Best,
Luke

1. Living Water TENOR, Oasis WARM, Fremont Blacklines TENOR, and Worth CT are in fact all the SAME gauge of strings

I don't know if this changed at some point, but Living Water Strings and Worth CT strings for tenor have different diameters/thicknesses presently. The respective soprano/concert strings also differ slightly. It's one of the reasons why I switched to the LWS for my tenor. (They are also softer to the touch.)

Oasis are one of my go to strings. I always keep a package of warms and brights on hand.

Based on the recommendation of a few Kamaka "experts", I installed Oasis lights on my Kamaka soprano. Awesome...sounds like the Kamaka soprano I always wanted.

Now trying Oasis Warm on my Kanilea Tenor. I like Oasis a lot but I miss my martins.

I have tried the Oasis GPX warms and I like them. I have purchased and am planning to try the brights soon.

So many strings, so little restringing time. I like Oasis for re-entrant tuning. For low g, Fremont Soloist paired with PhD's.

I find this my favorite combo of the moment. I have tried almost a dozen different string sets over the last 10 weeks. Most recently, after having read about and heard samples of the PHD strings, I finally figured out how to buy them (ebay). I have the all PHD low G set on one Pono Tenor, and I have the Fremont Soloist paired with 3,2,1 of a PHD set on another tenor. It could be because they are new to me and my ears/fingers, but right now they are my favorite strings. They remind me of a mix between the D'Addario Titaniums and Oasis fluorocarbons. I find the Titaniums to be really nice, when played properly, but to me, they are the most demanding of your playing style. They have a very limited sweet spot, and if played too hard they don't sound good at all to me. The PHD's are more forgiving in my limited experience and they sound good regardless of strumming, finger picking etc.

Like them a lot. Jack Maclay (Hive Ukulele) uses Oasis Brights as his standard string.

FWIW my Blackbird Clara from HMS came strung with Oasis strings. If HMS trusts them, I'll trust them too. They sound and feel great on that uke.

I believe Blackbird recommends the Oasis and ships their ukes with them. Mine (bought from McNichol Guitars) also came with Oasis. I love the sound of Oasis Warms - I've started using them for a lot of other stuff - they're great on my flea and I recently put a set of warms on a Makala Dolphin that one of my uke students has and that little uke sounded pretty good with them.

Oasis are my usual preference. Great pricing on them too, getting 2 sets in every pack.
Most fluorocarbon strings sound similar to me (Martins, Worths, Oasis, Fremont,....).
It's the diameter than matters to me (thinner=brighter, thicker = warmer). Very cool that Oasis has two sets with the 1 & 4 strings varying in thickness for warmer or brighter tone.

Here most fluorocarbon sets sound similar to me, very subtle differences.

Amazing to hear how subtle the differences are in this video. I think when we personally try different strings there are other factors that influence how we like them such as tension, feel etc. I must say, I thought in my own tests trying different strings on the same ukulele the differences were more pronounced. It may have been partly an illusion. I think I may start recording the instruments every time I put new strings on them and go back and listen to see how noticeable the differences are purely from a sonic perspective.

Last edited:
I really like the Oasis strings on my Blackbird. I'm going to order some for my Kamaka to see how they are on it.

I use Oasis Warms (with a Fremont Solo squeakless low G) on my Kalmaka tenor. They replaced Worth clears, which I also really like on Kamakas.

Couldn't really find it searching around the forums, so I'll ask it here: does anyone know a good place te source Oasis strings in Europe? Shipping rates i came across made me go, err.. :wtf:. I'm considering other options, but just wanted to hear if someone knew, by any chance.

Couldn't really find it searching around the forums, so I'll ask it here: does anyone know a good place te source Oasis strings in Europe? Shipping rates i came across made me go, err.. :wtf:. I'm considering other options, but just wanted to hear if someone knew, by any chance.

I bought at stringsbymail.com (not Europe, sorry but cheaper). I did not pay any added costs. Only the postage to Spain.

I put Oasis Warm on my Ken Timms and what a surprise! Its Punchy/bark strumming and very warm fingerpicking. Easy to play, with low/medium tension (lower tension than Worth browns and similar to martins). Much more volume and sustain. I love it!

I bought at stringsbymail.com (not Europe, sorry but cheaper). I did not pay any added costs. Only the postage to Spain.

I see; I somehow overlooked the regular postal option when checking their rates. Thanks.

Top Bottom