World Series

Well, I must confess that I watched and enjoyed the second game though I fell asleep before it was over — ahhh, well . . . Go Dodgers!

I didn't even know it was happening. :rolleyes: I lost all interest in professional sports a long, long time ago. Back before I retired, I would occasionally be embarrassed by my ignorance of the subject. When in a group of other men, like at a luncheon gathering, I wouldn't have the faintest idea what they were talking about. If someone asked me about a particular team, I'd have to ask what sport that was.

Well, I must confess that I watched and enjoyed the second game though I fell asleep before it was over — ahhh, well . . . Go Dodgers!
I hope you caught the Boston-Tampa Bay game today (Sunday October 10). That was a nailbiter. [Full disclosure: I'm a Red Sox fan by birth.]

Nah, my wife only (and I, sometimes) watches the Dodgers. I usta watch a lot more and college football too, but the slowness of baseball and all the rules and penalties of football drove me away.

We watched Notre Dame and Clemson play soccer the other night, and sorta liked it. I tried to get into it a long time ago and couldn’t though, so I dunno . . .

I think you don't understand how to "watch" baseball on TV. You turn the volume down and then pick up your ukulele, a book, an electronic device, etc. Then if you hear the crowd roar, you look up and watch the replay.

Lifelong Giants fan here and this is the best of matchups. The pennant race was fascinating as both teams seemingly played the last month without losing a game.

I suppose you’re right, but I’m an old, one thing at a time person. My wife would probably add “set in his ways”. Anyway, I’ve given up on baseball and football. I guess I just didn’t change with the times.

As I said before, we watched soccer before and didn’t hate it.

Well, the Dodgers have now lost two and won two. I must admit that I don’t mind watching them so much when they win. I guess I’m a fair weather fan.

one more ya go . . .

Last edited:
I stopped watching when baseball became political , when they took
the All Star game away from Georgia .
Let's go Brandon.

I'm glad to see that the Dodgers got through, but that was a terrible check swing call by the 1st base ump. Hate to see a game end that way. Of course I would rather have seen Sherzer get the final out.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yeah, Mike, it really was a “too bad” thing. However, I’ve been thinking of dropping sports anyway. I’ll probably watch this World Series stuff (my wife really likes it), and that’ll be the end of watching sports for me. I’ve already stopped watching college football.

I’m not much of a tv fan anymore anyway. I guess I just haven’t changed with the times — ahhh, well . . .

Yeah, Mike, it really was a “too bad” thing. However, I’ve been thinking of dropping sports anyway. I’ll probably watch this World Series stuff (my wife really likes it), and that’ll be the end of watching sports for me. I’ve already stopped watching college football. I’m not much of a tv fan anymore anyway. I guess I just haven’t changed with the times — ahhh, well . . .
I watch games only with teams in which I'm interested; Dodgers, Rams, UCLA football and basketball, Lakers, or the Super Bowl. I'm not a sports fan, don't know stats or personnel, my twin brother is on that, I just like watching the games.

Baseball has always been my favorite sport. This past year, baseball on tv seems to be more of a method to advertise gambling on sports. Very strange to watch those commercials and then think about the Black Sox, Pete Rose, etc.

It‘s not looking so good for the Dodgers, but they’ve been down before. I guess you’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I wish them the all the best.

Well, it ain't over 'till its over. I'm still hoping for a Dodgers-Red Sox Series.

Well, I think yesterday was about It. At least for me. I suppose the Dodgers could still come back and win, but I don’t think they will.

Top Bottom