Padauk bridge pins?

Booli

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can source some Padauk bridge pins?

I want them for a Cordoba Mini SM-CE, which has Padauk accents in the rosette, body binding (front and back) and fretboard binding, and all I can find are various hardwood or bone bridge pins but I'm having no luck finding them made from Padauk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If they are not available pre-made, and one of the fine luthiers here on UU would be interested to craft a set of 6 Paduak bridge pins for me, please PM me so we can talk...

The Cordoba Mini SM-CE is a 20" scale guilele or 'kiku', i.e. six-strings with a full 2" wide nut and near-standard sized baritone body, with a solid cedar top and spalted maple back and sides. Photo below.

may16_lnu_cordoba_minism-ce_web.jpg

cordoba-mini-sm-ce-252652.jpg

Mahalo,

Booli

Besides having a custom run made, I think they don't really exist commercially.

That being said, bloodwood is pretty dang close to padauk and can be found at a couple places, including LMII.

http://www.lmii.com/products/mostly-wood/bridges-pins/bridge-pins-wood-and-plastic

Thanks brother- I've not seen bloodwood close up, but that might be a great alternative. It has a nice reddish tone to the color that would seem to have a nice color contrast to the dark rosewood bridge.

Top Bottom