Whadaya Wanna Do With Your Ukulele Music?

This is a tough question for me to answer because unlike a lot of people, I don't want to "do" anything with it - I have next to zero desire to perform or entertain, and I'm certainly not going to quit my day job :) But I get asked this all the time, especially living here in Los Angeles where you can't take three steps without bumping into an aspiring actor/musician/whatever.

Some years ago I read a description of John King's mother, who also played ukulele, as an "accomplished amateur." That has stuck with me as being as close to a goal as any that I could have when it comes to music - to not want to get paid for it or recognized for it necessarily, but the hope that when people do hear me play they can appreciate the dedication and practice behind it. And for that matter, that *I* can recognize my own dedication and practice and know that I've made a sincere effort.

One of the things I'd like to do before I move on to the heavenly orchestra is learn play the Bb chord well--every time! :eek:ld:

Top Bottom