Reviews to come!

Mezcalero

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
UAS is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 of the 18 ukuleles I purschased between August 16, 2016 and October 29, 2016. Two already gone and third sold today. I thought I should get a photo before I sell any more. I hope to settle with a reasonable number. What that number will end up being is yet to be determined :)

Now I just need to make the time to play them all and learn how to play better!

IMG_5231.jpg

In Photo:

Kala Spruce top Bass
Kamaka HF-4
Kamaka HF-3L
Compass Rose 5 string Cocobolo/redwood
KoAloha KTMS-00
Kanile'a K2 Super Concert
Kanile'a Koa/Spruce Tenor Silk
Kanile'a K1 Super Tenor
Pono ETSH5-(C)-PC
Pono ETSH-(S)-PC
Pono MTSHC-(C)-PC
Pono ATC-(C)-PC
Mya Moe #1818
Mya Moe #1009
Lanikai LKP-T
Lanikai LU-21B

Sold:
Kamaka HF-3 Anniversary model
Pono MT(S)-PC

Now I just need to make the time to play them all and learn how to play better!

I've noticed that the fewer ukuleles I have, the more I practice. Still, I moved away from the desire to only have one ukulele, as that just caused me to endlessly try out more ukes on the search for "the one". So I'm okay with having at least two, though right now I have seven (sold some, then bought a Famous/Kiwaya FS-5G). Long term, I'd like a Blackbird tenor (the e-koa one) or a Risa LP electric tenor, but neither are easily available right now and it doesn't fit financially anyway.

18 in a bit over two months is rather extreme. :p Mostly higher end models, too, and customs! I totally understand and can relate, though. It's fun, one learns a lot about instruments and their own preferences, and it's a bit like an exploration journey full of exciting encounters. If I had had the means, I could totally see myself having done the same in my first few months, getting all the wondering and being curious out of my system before settling. Will be interesting to see which ones you keep after experiencing them first hand.

I love you man!!!!

Definitely some kinda record. I have cycled through a number of high end tenors as well. Like you I bought most of them used and was able to resell them for pretty much what I paid. I learned a LOT about what was important to me and worked best. I have ordered or bought 5 customs based on my gleened criteria and they are all keepers.

Last edited:
Like you, I purchased a ton, and then sold a ton leaving only those still in my signature. Wondering which is your favorite. For me, I settled on the KoAloha KTMS-00 as my go-to uke. I just wold a Kanile'a super tenor and that was my second favorite in a tenor.

You are so my hero.

Holy moly!
Can I come over and play?
BTW, you are making many of us feel better about ourselves.
Thank you for that. =)

I love you man!!!!

Definitely some kinda record. I have cycled through a number of high end tenors as well. Like you I bought most of them used and was able to resell them for pretty much what I paid. I learned a LOT about what was important to me and worked best. I have ordered or bought 5 customs based on my gleened criteria and they are all keepers.

I see one is coming to me! It's the nice big one that is missing radius neck! It doesn't fit your hand. It is causing you pain! You need to get rid of that one! :rolleyes:

It took me about a year over three years ago to go through 16 ukes, then I culled them down to 4, but in the last 2 months I bought 2 more. I also got into bass uke about 2 years ago. As you see by my signature, I'm fully infected by UAS.

And I though to have a bad UAS. :) I can't wait to read all your reviews !
Thanks man.

Clearly, you seem to have the available income to support this. Might have been less expensive though, and more fun, to just fly out to Hawaii, where you could have compared most of these at one time and decided which you really wanted.

Now, if you don't have the income, than you need help brother. LOL

have been less expensive though, and more fun, to just fly out to Hawaii, where you could have compared most of these at one time and decided which you really wanted.

maybe less expensive, but I'm not sure if that would have been more fun ;)

UAS is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 of the 18 ukuleles I purschased between August 16, 2016 and October 29, 2016. Two already gone and third sold today. I thought I should get a photo before I sell any more. I hope to settle with a reasonable number. What that number will end up being is yet to be determined :)
Might I ask when you bought your first ukulele, and what it was?

I love you man!!!!

Your not getting my Bud Light DUD :)

I just played the instrument for the first time in mid August, and I have to say that initially I was in control. I bought the Lanikai tenor and baritone, and my total investment was under $300.00. I think if I had stopped there, I would not have rekindled the passion I once had for music. But once I bought my first >$1000.00 instrument, and realized the difference between it and the Lanikais, things quickly got out of control. I went from playing 20 minutes a day learning chords to playing 3-5 hours a day. Then, I started to hunger for different tones and of course I began to search for "The One". At least there was a conscious effort to buy second hand, knowing that I could likely try as many makes and wood combos as possible and eventually recoup more of the cost than if I bought brand new.

I have ordered my first custom from David Ingalls of Ono Ukulele, and he informed me this week, he will starting soon. I would not be ready for a custom had I not tried out so many different makes and models.

Top Bottom