Song Help Request Let's Do It - Cole Porter

Morning STD, you seem to have them figured out pretty well, great effort, I enjoyed it.:D

Surfingthedream,
I have worked on this song on and off for years trying to find an arrangement that I could play on the uke. I listened to what you did and liked it very much. I have looked at many websites that had this song but nothing worked. I was trying to simplify the song and transpose to either the key of F, Bb or C. Is there a chance you would share this arrangement you have with me? I would be grateful. You can contact me in a PM with an attachment or I can give you my email address through the PM coconut system.
Wonderful work!
Reno Dave

Yoan's ukulele is tuned down a half step (F#, B, D#, G#) so that may be why people are having a hard time figuring out the chords.

The shapes are:
A section:
3211 (A)
2310 (E7)
1211 (A7)
3334 (D7)
3333 (Bm)
2110 (E aug)

B Section:
0231 (F#m)
2210 (C#m)
1211 (A7)
3331 (D)
3321 (Dm)
1114 (C)
2310 (E7)
2110 (E aug)

Watch the video and I think you can figure out the chord changes and also when he add a finger or removes a finger now and then for the boogie woogie effect.

Hope this helps you all!

Morning STD, you seem to have them figured out pretty well, great effort, I enjoyed it.:D

Hi Santa! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan :)

I believe the 1920s sheet music for "Let's Do It", including ukulele chords, is in this collection which you can order from Ian Chadwick. I can't say if they're the same chords as in the youtube video though; I would guess probably not.
http://www.vintageukemusic.com/ordering.htm

Thank you so much, jimavery, for this link!

There are several arrangements available, I think the first one is what you're looking for....

http://www.guitaretab.com/c/cole-porter/383600.html

http://www.theguitarguy.com/letsdoit.htm

Thank you so much, Kanaka916! I love learning about new sites I never knew about! Thanks!

Surfingthedream,
I have worked on this song on and off for years trying to find an arrangement that I could play on the uke. I listened to what you did and liked it very much. I have looked at many websites that had this song but nothing worked. I was trying to simplify the song and transpose to either the key of F, Bb or C. Is there a chance you would share this arrangement you have with me? I would be grateful. You can contact me in a PM with an attachment or I can give you my email address through the PM coconut system.
Wonderful work!
Reno Dave

Hi Reno Dave! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's actually someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan :) I saw his video on YouTube & tried so hard to figure it out but couldn't :( Hopefully Maguwa's reply below helps you!

Yoan's ukulele is tuned down a half step (F#, B, D#, G#) so that may be why people are having a hard time figuring out the chords.

The shapes are:
A section:
3211 (A)
2310 (E7)
1211 (A7)
3334 (D7)
3333 (Bm)
2110 (E aug)

B Section:
0231 (F#m)
2210 (C#m)
1211 (A7)
3331 (D)
3321 (Dm)
1114 (C)
2310 (E7)
2110 (E aug)

Watch the video and I think you can figure out the chord changes and also when he add a finger or removes a finger now and then for the boogie woogie effect.

Hope this helps you all!

AHH! Thank you SO much, Maguwa! I truly appreciate all your help! This was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you! Thank you! :D

"Hi Santa! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan "

My mistake, nice version of the song, something to aspire to.:)

Aloha to all who have been contributing to this thread.

As you may know I struggled with this song for years. But with renewed energy I trudged though this song and compiled an arrangement that I am happy with in the key of Bb. I have altered the original arrangement slightly to my preference.

I am having trouble trying to post the song as an attachment in this thread because I am computer challenged but, if anyone is interested in my arrangement you may send a Private Message to me with your email address I would be happy to share this song with you.

Again, thank you to all who have took the time and contributed to this thread.
Warmest regards....
Reno Dave

Last edited:
Hey all

"Hi Santa! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan "

My mistake, nice version of the song, something to aspire to.:)

I happened to find this post a little on the late!! It is fun and flattering to read about, ME!! Ahah glad you liked my version. I actually arranged a version myself figuring some chords that matches ;) been inspired by Conal Fowkes version heard in "midnight in paris" movie Maguwa nailed it!!!. Right on the nose regarding the shapes im using, and yes, i was kinda foolling around that day i simply tuned from scratch so i would'nt know what tuning im in lol! Glad you liked and mostly flattered that i challenged a few without knowing ;) cheers!!

Surfthedream,
If you send me a PM with your email address I would be happy to send you what I have and it sounds good too. You will see in the previous posts that I too was looking for a decent arrangement of this song. I would be happy to send you the song that I have.

Reno Dave

I play a nice version in G. Verse included. I l be glad to share with anyone interested. Just pm me��

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-11-10-51-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-11-10-51-35.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Top Bottom