Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Do It - Cole Porter

Default Let's Do It - Cole Porter

Hi guys!

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out these chords, thank you so much!

Morning STD, you seem to have them figured out pretty well, great effort, I enjoyed it.

I believe the 1920s sheet music for "Let's Do It", including ukulele chords, is in this collection which you can order from Ian Chadwick. I can't say if they're the same chords as in the youtube video though; I would guess probably not.
    http://www.vintageukemusic.com/ordering.htm

There are several arrangements available, I think the first one is what you're looking for....

http://www.guitaretab.com/c/cole-porter/383600.html

http://www.theguitarguy.com/letsdoit.htm
    Last edited by Kanaka916; 11-05-2016 at 04:37 AM.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Surfingthedream,
    I have worked on this song on and off for years trying to find an arrangement that I could play on the uke. I listened to what you did and liked it very much. I have looked at many websites that had this song but nothing worked. I was trying to simplify the song and transpose to either the key of F, Bb or C. Is there a chance you would share this arrangement you have with me? I would be grateful. You can contact me in a PM with an attachment or I can give you my email address through the PM coconut system.
    Wonderful work!
    Reno Dave
    Pono Mahogany Tenor High G
    Kamaka HF-3 Tenor High G
    Pono Mahogany Tenor 8 string

Yoan's ukulele is tuned down a half step (F#, B, D#, G#) so that may be why people are having a hard time figuring out the chords.

The shapes are:
    A section:
    3211 (A)
    2310 (E7)
    1211 (A7)
    3334 (D7)
    3333 (Bm)
    2110 (E aug)

B Section:
    0231 (F#m)
    2210 (C#m)
    1211 (A7)
    3331 (D)
    3321 (Dm)
    1114 (C)
    2310 (E7)
    2110 (E aug)

Watch the video and I think you can figure out the chord changes and also when he add a finger or removes a finger now and then for the boogie woogie effect.

Hope this helps you all!
    ( o)==::

Half fast, not half assed

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Morning STD, you seem to have them figured out pretty well, great effort, I enjoyed it.
    Hi Santa! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan

Quote Originally Posted by jimavery View Post
    I believe the 1920s sheet music for "Let's Do It", including ukulele chords, is in this collection which you can order from Ian Chadwick. I can't say if they're the same chords as in the youtube video though; I would guess probably not.
    http://www.vintageukemusic.com/ordering.htm
    Thank you so much, jimavery, for this link!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaka916 View Post
    There are several arrangements available, I think the first one is what you're looking for....

http://www.guitaretab.com/c/cole-porter/383600.html

http://www.theguitarguy.com/letsdoit.htm
    Thank you so much, Kanaka916! I love learning about new sites I never knew about! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Dave View Post
    Surfingthedream,
    I have worked on this song on and off for years trying to find an arrangement that I could play on the uke. I listened to what you did and liked it very much. I have looked at many websites that had this song but nothing worked. I was trying to simplify the song and transpose to either the key of F, Bb or C. Is there a chance you would share this arrangement you have with me? I would be grateful. You can contact me in a PM with an attachment or I can give you my email address through the PM coconut system.
    Wonderful work!
    Reno Dave
    Hi Reno Dave! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's actually someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan I saw his video on YouTube & tried so hard to figure it out but couldn't Hopefully Maguwa's reply below helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguwa View Post
    Yoan's ukulele is tuned down a half step (F#, B, D#, G#) so that may be why people are having a hard time figuring out the chords.

The shapes are:
    A section:
    3211 (A)
    2310 (E7)
    1211 (A7)
    3334 (D7)
    3333 (Bm)
    2110 (E aug)

B Section:
    0231 (F#m)
    2210 (C#m)
    1211 (A7)
    3331 (D)
    3321 (Dm)
    1114 (C)
    2310 (E7)
    2110 (E aug)

Watch the video and I think you can figure out the chord changes and also when he add a finger or removes a finger now and then for the boogie woogie effect.

Hope this helps you all!
    AHH! Thank you SO much, Maguwa! I truly appreciate all your help! This was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you! Thank you!

No prob! I like his version, so thank you for posting it here.
    ( o)==::

Half fast, not half assed

"Hi Santa! I wish I could say that was me playing, but it's someone very talented on YouTube named Yoan "

My mistake, nice version of the song, something to aspire to.

Thread Information