Banjo Ukulele forum?

soxparkuke

Reaction score
Be nice to have all the banjo-uke threads gathered together, + a place for banjolele-specific questions/thoughts/reviews.

You could just start a thread, it's as easy as that. :)

(Make the title generic banjolele, such as The Banjolele Thread, to get anyone who is interested to take a look & join in.)

There are several members who own such, but bear in mind that it is a minor interest on here, just like a sopranino thread would be. ;)

perhaps a site dedicated to muting the uke banjo

not probably what you had in mind, but now I've got to try my banjo mute on my banjo uke. (the guy who sold me the mute said "$40 is a lot cheaper than a divorce")

There are a couple banjo-uke community groups here at UU. Activity comes and goes.

Might be a pretty good idea to have a section here at UU for banjolele. We ordered a new Duke that should be here any day now, and I want to learn to play clawhammer and Formby style on it. We plan to use it a lot for our Irish tunes.

perhaps a site dedicated to muting the uke banjo

All you need to know

22z08z.jpg

We ordered a new Duke that should be here any day now, and I want to learn to play clawhammer and Formby style on it. We plan to use it a lot for our Irish tunes.

One day I need to find a good-sounding, soprano-sized banjolele. My partner does not like the sound of banjo-ukes at all (she does like my sopranos), and all small-bodied soprano banjo-ukes I have heard sound kind of very muted to me. Maybe it's the nature of the size.

One day I need to find a good-sounding, soprano-sized banjolele. My partner does not like the sound of banjo-ukes at all (she does like my sopranos), and all small-bodied soprano banjo-ukes I have heard sound kind of very muted to me. Maybe it's the nature of the size.

Ironically, the Lanikai soprano banjo-ukes that were on significatly-discounted sale a couple months ago (there was a thread about this) are not bad at all. I got one and am impressed with the output. It took a little set-up work, but well worth it.

banjomute.jpg

This is my banjo mute.

banjomute2.jpg

Alligator clips from the hardware store make fine mutes. A lot cheaper than a mute from te music store. Some folks use clothespins, but they vibrate off. These stay in place.

I thought I was putting the socks in the banjo photo, but I posted my hippie socks and can't get rid of 'em.

Attachments

• socks.jpg
    socks.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ironically, the Lanikai soprano banjo-ukes that were on significatly-discounted sale a couple months ago (there was a thread about this) are not bad at all. I got one and am impressed with the output. It took a little set-up work, but well worth it.

I had looked at some videos when these were discounted at MF, but they also sounded quiet and lifeless to me. It may just have been the videos, though, I never heard one in person.

I had looked at some videos when these were discounted at MF, but they also sounded quiet and lifeless to me. It may just have been the videos, though, I never heard one in person.

Mine needed some minor tweaking. Like most banjo-like instruments they all seem to come from the factory with untuned heads. Once the head is brought to correct tension many tend to come to life.

Top Bottom